It is obvious. Clearly described and demonstrated.
Errors in the operation of the database range filter and when copying filter fields.
Download the attached file. This is a small testing ground for the problem under consideration.
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Download the file.
2.Follow the suggested steps.
3.You will see everything for yourself.
1. The DatabaseRange.Filter method does not work, if you do not take some actions.
2. There is an error that occurs when copying the FilterFields() structure.
The first can be overcome, the second should be taken into account and not used.
1. The Advanced Filter should work the same way as through the menu commands.
2. The second mistake, I suppose, is easy to fix, but alas, I'm not a programmer.
User Profile Reset: No
@Villeroy from forum.openoffice.org wrote: "Obviously they broke something that used to work in old versions. So it may be even flagged as a regression."
Judge for yourself!
Created attachment 169983 [details]
Attached file illustrating the problems
It is very important for me to eliminate these errors. I use this functionality every day.
(In reply to Igor from comment #0)
> It is obvious. Clearly described and demonstrated.
> Steps to Reproduce:
> 1.Download the file.
> 2.Follow the suggested steps.
> 3.You will see everything for yourself.
No, this is not a proper bug description. The bug should describe everything itself, and the attached files are just additional (even if required) material. The bug report must make it clear for anyone reading it the first time, if that someone is interested/knowledgeable in this problematic area, and should continue downloading/testing etc. or not.
Please improve the description. Thanks!
1. The DatabaseRange.filter method just doesn't work because of all the garbage that comes from nowhere. But through the menu commands, everything works as it should.
2. When copying filter fields, string values will be replaced with numeric ones, as a result, characters (leading zeros) will disappear, for example: instead of "01" we get 1. But we don't need it.
Mike Kaganski, it's all written there, including in Russian. Well, at least take a look... Thanks
Not a bug: see tdf#143438 for missing documentation issue.