The default screen size for PowerPoint 2019/365 is "Widescreen". Widescreen is not screen 16:9. Impress does not have widescreen. Widescreen is necessary for interoperability.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Microsoft Powerpoint 2019/365.
2. Click Design tab -> Slide Size, and select "Custom Slide Size".
3. Check the screen size "Widescreen".
* Widescreen: 33.867cm x 19.05cm
* On-screen Show(16:9): 25.4cm x 14.288cm
!! Widescreen and On-screen Show(16:9) are different !!
4. Open Impress.
5. Open Slides -> Slide Properties.
6. Make sure there is no Widescreen in the format.
* Screen 16;9: 28.00cm x 15.75cm
Impress doesn't have Widescreen, so when I open pptx, the Paper format is User.
Paper size has a widescreen. Interoperability will be ensured.
User Profile Reset: No
Microsoft® PowerPoint® for Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.13929.20222) 64-bit
Version: 184.108.40.206 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 47f78053abe362b9384784d31a6e56f8511eb1c1
CPU threads: 2; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19042; UI render: default; VCL: win
Locale: ja-JP (ja_JP); UI: en-US
Yes in 7.1, but seems fixed, Widescreen is there now. I close.
..at least in master 7.3+.
I haven't checked in detail, but I presume the following is the fixing commit, thanks Jun!
Add PowerPoint compatible screen size for Impress
Verified fixed in:
Version: 220.127.116.11 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: f1c9017ac60ecca268da7b1cf147b10e244b9b21
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-AU (en_AU.UTF-8); UI: en-US