Bug 144939 - Non-contiguous chapter numbering (works after save and reload)
Summary: Non-contiguous chapter numbering (works after save and reload)
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
7.1.5.2 release
Hardware: All All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: Chapter-Numbering
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2021-10-05 09:58 UTC by Ulrich Windl
Modified: 2021-10-26 11:30 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Screenshot showing bad numbering (27.87 KB, image/png)
2021-10-05 09:58 UTC, Ulrich Windl
Details
Screenshot showing correct numbering after reload (27.66 KB, image/png)
2021-10-05 09:59 UTC, Ulrich Windl
Details
PDF document being exported also has the wrong number in it (68.21 KB, application/pdf)
2021-10-05 10:00 UTC, Ulrich Windl
Details
Sample ODT document that was used to demonstrate the problem (17.00 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2021-10-05 10:05 UTC, Ulrich Windl
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Ulrich Windl 2021-10-05 09:58:36 UTC
Created attachment 175533 [details]
Screenshot showing bad numbering

I had a long document with itemized lists at different levels.
To structure the list, I decided to add headers of level 1 and 2.
Surprisingly, when adding a level-2 header, the "next" number was completely unexpected. See screenshot.
Saving and loading the document fixed the numbering, however.

I suspect that a "continue numbering" setting from a list item was "inherited" to the heading paragraph somehow, using the item number of the list as heading number (which is totally insane, of course).
Comment 1 Ulrich Windl 2021-10-05 09:59:54 UTC
Created attachment 175534 [details]
Screenshot showing correct numbering after reload
Comment 2 Ulrich Windl 2021-10-05 10:00:59 UTC
Created attachment 175535 [details]
PDF document being exported also has the wrong number in it
Comment 3 Ulrich Windl 2021-10-05 10:05:27 UTC
Created attachment 175537 [details]
Sample ODT document that was used to demonstrate the problem
Comment 4 Ulrich Windl 2021-10-05 10:06:21 UTC
One more comment: In the original document version te "step" was more drastic, like 1.90 following 1.2, but for the sample I had removed most of the items.
Comment 5 Dieter 2021-10-26 11:30:24 UTC
I confirm it with

Version: 7.2.2.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 02b2acce88a210515b4a5bb2e46cbfb63fe97d56
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19043; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: en-GB
Calc: CL

Steps to reproduce
1. Open attachment 175537 [details]
2. Put cursor after "nichts Gutes" (before 1.4)
3. Press enter
4. Change paragraph style to "Heading 2"

Result
Numbering 6.1 appears instead of 1.4

5. Save and reload => 6.1 changes to 1.4

I had this allso several times in different documents; very annoying.