Bug 144982 - Export unicode in pdf-file using Ubuntu (Linux)
Summary: Export unicode in pdf-file using Ubuntu (Linux)
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Printing and PDF export (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
6.4 all versions
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Linux (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: PDF-Export
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2021-10-07 14:57 UTC by Willem
Modified: 2021-10-23 15:22 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
source (11.51 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2021-10-23 13:15 UTC, Willem
Details
output in ubuntu (24.59 KB, application/pdf)
2021-10-23 13:16 UTC, Willem
Details
output in windows (36.10 KB, application/pdf)
2021-10-23 13:17 UTC, Willem
Details
output in MAC OS X (24.53 KB, application/pdf)
2021-10-23 13:18 UTC, Willem
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Willem 2021-10-07 14:57:58 UTC
Description:
To PDF exported text files (odt) with unicode characters are missing the unicode characters using LibreOffice Linux. Examples U+260E (black phone); U+1F4F1 (mobile phone) and U+1F4E7 (e-mail). In windows all characters are exported to the pdf and in iOS some.
Temporary solution: 1. create odt in Libreoffice Linux; 2. Open .odt in Libreoffice Windows; 3. Export PDF with LibreOffice Windows. 


Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open LibreOffice for Linux (Ubuntu)
2. make a textfile with unicode U+260E; U+1F4F1; U+1F4E7
3. export to PDF
4. Examine PDF file for output unicode characters.

Actual Results:
In all Linux versions I tried, unicode characters were not exported

Expected Results:
Export symbols like black phone; mobile phone or e-mail symbol


Reproducible: Always


User Profile Reset: No



Additional Info:
Results in Windows and iOS versions of Libreoffice differ.
Under Windows all characters are shown in the PDF file.
Using LibreOffice in iOS some characters are exported, some are not.
Comment 1 Jean-Baptiste Faure 2021-10-22 13:59:38 UTC
Which font are you using? I do not find these characters in standard fonts like Liberation or C fonts (Caladea/Carlito/Cantarell). In DejaVu I only found the black phone.

Please attach a text document containing these 3 characters.

Status has been set to NEEDINFO, please set it back to UNCONFIRMED once requested information has been provided.

Best regards. JBF
Comment 2 Michael Warner 2021-10-22 14:51:49 UTC
(In reply to Willem from comment #0)
> Description:
> In all Linux versions I tried, unicode characters were not exported

Which versions specifically did you try? There have been some other bugs that have been fixed recently regarding Unicode characters and PDF.
Comment 3 Willem 2021-10-23 13:15:39 UTC
Created attachment 175882 [details]
source

source with unicode characters
Comment 4 Willem 2021-10-23 13:16:46 UTC
Created attachment 175883 [details]
output in ubuntu

output in ubuntu
Comment 5 Willem 2021-10-23 13:17:31 UTC
Created attachment 175884 [details]
output in windows

output in windows
Comment 6 Willem 2021-10-23 13:18:40 UTC
Created attachment 175885 [details]
output in MAC OS X

output in iOS
Comment 7 Michael Warner 2021-10-23 15:22:13 UTC
I can confirm with Linux Mint:
Version: 7.2.2.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 02b2acce88a210515b4a5bb2e46cbfb63fe97d56
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded