1. On both macOS Catalina and Big Sur LibreOffice 7.1 and 7.2 crash if one scrolls down too fast, and also on saving as a doc file.
2. I am now using LibreOffice 7.5.2 on macOS 11.6.3 “Big Sur” and the instability is making it almost unusable. It crashes on opening old doc files: it crashes on saving as a doc file it crashes on altering text, say, changing a line to ‘Title’; It even crashes on saving as an ODT or ODS file!
I have saved the crash dump sent to Apple and will append it below: my guess from looking at it is that whoever is compiling it for MACs is using older libraries. with an old version of xCode. Appended please find
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Double-click on an existing doc file.
2. Add some text.
3. Save as a doc file.
1. Opened a doc file called “Notes_on_Thesis_1.doc”.
2. Added a line below the title with the text “diddle”.
3. did a “Save as ...” using Cmd-Shft-S.
4. Select type as a doc file and get a warning that it might not save all features.
5. Ignore and select a different directory to save the file and save it.
6. Crash! Window comes up to save crash dump to Apple.
7. LibreOffice 7.2 Document recovery window comes up with a list of any and all open LibreOffice files.
The document gets saved!
User Profile Reset: No
OpenGL enabled: Yes
Crash dump from the above operation is appended as an attachment
Created attachment 177861 [details]
Crash dump sent to apple when LibreOffice crashed.
There seem to be problems with the dynamic libraries, so I am wondering if the person who compiled the macOS version had the latest xCode version and the correct compilation files selected.
Reminder that instabilities first showed up in macOS Catalina and LibreOffice 7.1 and with macOS Big Sur and LibreOffice 7.2, instabilities became so severe that the app is almost unusable.
From the dev mailing list (13/01/2022):
"So as discussed at <https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2022-January/088319.html> "ESC meeting minutes: 2022-01-13", we will do the baseline bump to Xcode 12.5 (and hence macOS 11.0) in early February, after the LO 7.3.0 release."
(In reply to Alex Thurgood from comment #2)
> From the dev mailing list (13/01/2022):
> "So as discussed at
> html> "ESC meeting minutes: 2022-01-13", we will do the baseline bump to
> Xcode 12.5 (and hence macOS 11.0) in early February, after the LO 7.3.0
Note: this has nothing to do with this report and only concerns people who are compiling LibreOffice on their Macs.