Currently with "LibreOffice 3.3.1 RC1 - WIN7 Home Premium (64bit) German UI [OOO330m19 (build 7 / tag 22.214.171.124)]" the Mailmerge E-Mail wizard seems to be completely unusable. At least for me this tool is essential, I believe efforts to solve these problems must be increased.
Please add other related problems!
Nominate: Bug 31792 - [WRITER] [MAILMERGE]: Mail Merge Wizard hangs
Nominate Bug 34187 - MAILMEGE E-Mail does not send mails
Rainer, could you please add steps to reproduce? How is this different from the bug #34187?
I only created this [Task] collection Bug Report for related bugs, because I was afraid that we might loose overview. And it seems I forgot to add Bug 34187 here.
May be it's a little excessive for the currently discussed 2 bugs, but it looks as if we have a rather complex problem.
Added: "Bug 35439 - [MAILMEGE] Crash in wizard when trying to select address list", what still needs confirmation
Added: "Bug 35442 - Writer: Connection to base not functioning - crash on serial"
Currently no additional info required?!
Bug 35509 - libreoffice 3.3.3 release blockers / stoppers
is obsolete. New:
Bug 35673 - LibreOffice 3.4 most annoying bugs
It is long term bug and enterprise feature => should not block 3.4.0 release => lovering severity a bit
Not only Email- but also indering:
Bug 36306 - LibreOffice 3.4 beta1 crash in Letter Wizard
38713 - small change in the python script to use alse non-asci characters to send emails
38713 - the method "addRecipient" is not working
Closing this one for now because all "Depends on" bugs have been fixed for Master. Hope that further tests will not show up unrecognized other problems.
Added "Bug 41295 - MAILMERGE Corrupted PDFs in massmailing"
"Bug 42825 - : [DE][FR] Menu Items for Kompatibilität, Autobeschriftung, Serienbrief-E-Mail missing" makes impossible to add required information without switching to English UI
No more "Depends on", I successfully sent a PDF e-mail mail merge letter to 20 recipients. :-) :-) :-)
So I close this one for now, thanks to all who made this possible!
Nominate "Bug 43912 - MAILMERGE: Server Authentication fails"
No more "Depends on", so I close this one.