Bug 41213 - BUGZILLAASSISTANT: Update of external data not ensured
Summary: BUGZILLAASSISTANT: Update of external data not ensured
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: WWW (show other bugs)
(earliest affected)
Hardware: Other All
: medium major
Assignee: Thorsten Behrens (allotropia)
Whiteboard: BSA
: 42493 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks: 44685
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2011-09-26 01:56 UTC by Rainer Bielefeld Retired
Modified: 2013-02-20 08:52 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2011-09-26 01:56:22 UTC
I updated the Wiki Template with the related Help text. 2011-09-26 09:45 UTC still the old Text with typo "Subcomponentw" is shown in the Assistant.

Additionally the added new Sub component VIEWING will not be shown in the picker. It seems the automatic update from Wiki does not work?

I updated the text creating <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Template:BugzAssHlp_UI> 2011-09-24T06:05:48

- Reported with Bug Submission Assistant -
Comment 1 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2011-11-02 10:53:17 UTC
Please feel free to reassign (or reset Assignee to default) if it’s not your area. Please set Status to ASSIGNED if you accept this Bug.
Comment 2 Loic Dachary 2011-11-03 02:30:12 UTC
The update is manual and must be done as instructed at

    ssh wsadmin@kermit.documentfoundation.org
    cd /var/www/sites/bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice
    git pull
    In https://libreoffice.org/admin change ?version=X in the iframe to invalidate the cache 

The procedure was run today.
Comment 3 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2011-11-03 03:06:12 UTC
Please excuse me, but that instruction only can be understood by someone who does not need it ;-)

May be we can meet sometimes on IRC, you explain to me and I add hints that someone without Git experience will need?
Comment 4 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2011-11-03 23:48:04 UTC
*** Bug 42493 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 5 Petr Mladek 2011-12-13 10:51:11 UTC
Rainer, I am a bit mixed. How could I reproduce this bug? I wonder if the bug is visible in the assistant or on the wiki page.
Comment 6 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2011-12-13 13:40:49 UTC
The simple thing is: someone who knows what's to do (see comment 2) and has permissions (Silverstripe) has to do it. Those actions simply updates info the Assistant uses from Wiki an Bugzilla.

There is not a program bug or something like that here, the problem simply is that nobody does the few clicks.
Comment 7 Petr Mladek 2011-12-20 01:29:26 UTC
AFAIK, Thorsten is going to give you rights to update the service.
Comment 8 Thorsten Behrens (allotropia) 2012-01-10 02:21:12 UTC
Rainer, are you setup now?
Comment 9 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2012-01-10 02:28:04 UTC
No! I do not know anything how to create and use public key for the needs. I followed your LINUX based advice, after some modifications I got something with WIN without knowing what for and how to use, so I terminated my activity. I will think about starting again when a written manual "Silverstripe Contributor for WIN-dummies in few steps" will be available.
Comment 10 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2012-01-11 07:57:54 UTC
I terminated my efforts to get useful instructions how to do the update job. May be I will try again when a written short manual will be available. Until then I will stop updating the wiki text base and ping Thorsten for updates required due to changed Bugzilla data. 

I believe independent from all manual updating "a bot" should do an update every 24h
Comment 11 Thorsten Behrens (allotropia) 2013-02-20 08:52:21 UTC
I think the process here is basically working, and updates are not too frequently necessary. Access to the webservice will be granted on request, thus closing the specific request for auto updates as wontfix. Personally, I prefer validating that the update worked over automagic...