If I select a set of cells and I issue a print command, the print dialog has the "print selected sheets" control selected, while it should has the "print selected cells" control selected.
@Christoph: an opinion about that?
Please read this message in its entirety before responding.
Your bug was confirmed at least 1 year ago and has not had any activity on it for over a year. Your bug is still set to NEW which means that it is open and confirmed. It would be nice to have the bug confirmed on a newer version than the version reported in the original report to know that the bug is still present -- sometimes a bug is inadvertently fixed over time and just never closed.
If you have time please do the following:
1) Test to see if the bug is still present on a currently supported version of LibreOffice (preferably 4.2 or newer).
2) If it is present please leave a comment telling us what version of LibreOffice and your operating system.
3) If it is NOT present please set the bug to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a short comment telling us your version and Operating System
Please DO NOT
1) Update the version field
2) Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
3) Set the bug to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not appropriate in this case)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
LibreOffice is powered by a team of volunteers, every bug is confirmed (triaged) by human beings who mostly give their time for free. We invite you to join our triaging by checking out this link:
There are also other ways to get involved including with marketing, UX, documentation, and of course developing - http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/.
Lastly, good bug reports help tremendously in making the process go smoother, please always provide reproducible steps (even if it seems easy) and attach any and all relevant material
Not a bug, unless it's supposed to work differently. Marked as enhancement.
It's working the same way on XP in 4.3 RC1 as well. Switched platform.
Bug not reproducible in version
Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 0f25a3c36f27fd51453b9a9115f236b83c143684
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2018-11-27_20:06:55
Locale: zh-TW (zh_TW); UI-Language: en-US
I rewarm this old request. It's the same behavior in the new print dialog. Maybe a reasonable answer can give here to close this issue or to hold it open.
There are 2 possibilities:
1. The print dialog ignores the selected cells in the sheet. The preview in the print dialog only shows full sheets.
2. The print dialog follows what the user has selected in the sheet and only this will be shown in the preview of the print dialog and printed. The "more" area will be opened automatically and "Print Selected Cells" is selected in "From which:".
What's the most used way?
Or maybe is it possible to have an extra shortcut to print only selected cells and the normal print dialog won't be changed?
*** Bug 135766 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Under Range and Copies we have From Which where you can select Print Selected Cells. This option should be preselected when a selection has been made.
There is also a Print All Sheet option which can be controlled by Tools > Options > Calc > Print, which is too much in my opinion. The dropdown is sufficient. Same applies to the idea of separate print commands or an option (not yet commented) for "Print Selection" that drives the dropdown. Please don't do this and keep it simple.