Bug 46032 - Macros: Macro doesn't put in the date or time as expected, puts in numbers
Summary: Macros: Macro doesn't put in the date or time as expected, puts in numbers
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 46016
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: BASIC (show other bugs)
(earliest affected)
3.4.4 release
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
Whiteboard: BSA
Depends on:
Reported: 2012-02-14 04:40 UTC by Steve
Modified: 2012-02-14 04:55 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Steve 2012-02-14 04:40:25 UTC
Problem description: I recorded a Macro to put the date in LibreOffice Writer in my Linux install.  It returned fixed numbers instead.  Macro recording worked fine over on my Win 7 install LibreOffice.  So, I started posting in forums.  No one could help.  Well, one guy was nice enough to tell me how to write the code for putting the date in a spreadsheet.  I was pretty sure it is a bug, and I kept messing with it on my Linux install.  Problem kept happening.  Macros that worked on my Win 7 install (dual booting on the same laptop) and actually put in the fixed date and or time didn't work on the Linux LibreOffice.  Always the fixed numbers.  If I pressed Ctrl F9 to show Field names it would switch back and forth between the numbers to "Date (fixed)" which was the format I used for the date.

I'm almost sure it's a bug in the Linux implementation, or a missing library, something.  I followed up on an idea, switched from my Linux to my Win 7 and pulled up the Macro Organizer.  I selected one of the macro's and clicked the Edit button.  It opened up the Macro Editor window, and I was surprised to see how long it was, the macro was just for inserting date and time formatted the way I wanted on a line.  I got to looking, all of my macros were in this file!  Was [My Macros & Dialogs].standard in the editor.  So, I copied everything from the window to a text file.

I switched back to my Linux install and pulled up the Macro Organizer, and then pasted in the text from over in Win 7.  Closed that window.  Sure enough, it listed all the macros from over in the Win 7 install.  I tried some of them out.  The one for my standard footer worked, text with page number and page count.  The one for date and time worked like it had in Windows, centering the text, separating it by a number of tabs, but both date and time weren't the date and time for when I clicked on the macro, they were the number 40953.25.  I tried to select them, just backspace over and see what would happen, wouldn't do it.  Instead, when I right clicked on one of them it brought up a window titled Edit Fields:Document.

In this box were buttons with left and right arrowheads.  When the date one was selected it showed the date type it was, date, Date (fixed), and the format I had selected.  When I clicked on the other button it selected the time field and showed the time type it was - time, Time (fixed), and the format I had selected.

Steps to reproduce:
1. ....  Click on record macro button
2. ....  record your macro & save it
3. ....  run your macro

Current behavior:  You get fixed numbers instead of the fixed date or time that you wanted.

Expected behavior:  To get fixed date or time

Platform (if different from the browser): I have been testing this out on a Win 7 install, where recording macros like this works fine, and a Linux install - where this behavior happens.
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:10.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.1
Comment 1 Steve 2012-02-14 04:41:59 UTC
The Linux is Linux Mint 12 KDE
Comment 2 Steve 2012-02-14 04:55:20 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 46016 ***