Bug 46548 - FORMATTING: Font changes on style chage not applied in Windows Build
Summary: FORMATTING: Font changes on style chage not applied in Windows Build
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
(earliest affected)
3.5.0 release
Hardware: Other Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
Whiteboard: BSA
Depends on:
Reported: 2012-02-23 18:06 UTC by Jon Grossart
Modified: 2012-05-23 16:03 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:

Styles Working Correctly (9.49 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2012-02-24 12:23 UTC, Jon Grossart
Styles not working (10.92 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2012-02-24 12:24 UTC, Jon Grossart

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Jon Grossart 2012-02-23 18:06:06 UTC
Problem description: When you apply a style to a block of text in the Windows build, only font bolding/size are changed, not the font family. It doesn't work with the default built-in styles and it doesn't work with custom styles.  The only place I could get it to work (and not reliably), was changing a character style.

I tested in Ubuntu 12.04a2 (up to date as of bug submission), and it worked correctly there, so it's related to windows version only it seems.

Steps to reproduce:
1. new ODT document
2. write something
3. change the style to anything (Header 1)

Current behavior: Size and bolding changed, but font remains as Times New Roman

Expected behavior: in default styles in Windows, H1 should be Arial.

Platform (if different from the browser): 
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
Comment 1 Jon Grossart 2012-02-24 12:22:40 UTC
So here's another oddity.

I have created a default template to use (basically, just 0.5" borders with custom list and numbering styles -- one each).

If I load up a new document from LibO interface and try to change styles, no updating. Same with opening an old file.

If I right click on desktop and click "New File > Open Document Text", when it opens, it says the template it is based on has changed and do I want to update styles. Now, the template hasn't changed since trying the other version. However, now the headings gets set to Arial correctly and any updates to the styles happens correctly.

So, it seems like this has different paths. I'll attach a working and non-working file.
Comment 2 Jon Grossart 2012-02-24 12:23:41 UTC
Created attachment 57608 [details]
Styles Working Correctly

Created via "New > ODT" from desktop which asks to update styles since template changes (which it hasn't).

Styles work correctly.
Comment 3 Jon Grossart 2012-02-24 12:24:42 UTC
Created attachment 57609 [details]
Styles not working

Created via LibO interface based on SAME template as the working document but not prompted to update styles.

Styles do not apply (everything stays Times New Roman)
Comment 4 Jon Grossart 2012-03-01 09:51:32 UTC
So, I tried another fresh install of LibO 3.5.0, and it worked correctly. I then did a complete wipe and reinstall on my computer. This time, the default template updated styles for both "New>ODT" and from LibO interface. I recreated my template, and it worked this time to. So, something was very bad in my last installation somehow.

However, there is still a bug somewhere. I tried to download the styles not working file and see if that updated. When I opened it, it asked to update the template since it had changed (same name but new template). It still did not update the styles (i.e., it left everything as Times New Roman). 

So, somehow, either my old template file got corrupted along the way, so there is still some sort of bug in there.

I still had problems with the rendering of styles as well. Sometimes it would drop the colors I assigned and make them insivible, or turn characters into odd line breaks (but the file contents would be correct and uncorrected). I also had it change "Title" into "iTtle" a few times on the render. Closing LibO and then reopening would sometimes help.
Comment 5 sasha.libreoffice 2012-05-23 08:57:27 UTC
Thanks for bugreport
Bug from description not reproduced in 3.5.3 on Windows 7
Comment 6 Jon Grossart 2012-05-23 15:33:53 UTC
Yeah, it hasn't happened on 3.5.3 ... it seems to have been fixed somewhere since 3.5.0.
Comment 7 Jon Grossart 2012-05-23 16:03:35 UTC
Fixed somewhere in 3.5.1 - 3.5.3 releases.