1. Create two objects with connectors (ex: two rectangles)
2. Create a connector linked to both object (ex: an arrow with connector points at both ends, one end connected to each rect)
3. Create two new objects with connectors, far enough from existing objects that you can draw a selection rectangle around them without reaching the existing objects
4. Copy-paste the existing connector
5. Drag each end of the connector _you_just_pasted_ to connector points of the two new objects
6. Draw a selection box around that connector: it won't be selected (likewise, clicking on it will not select it)
7. Move either object at an end of that connector (ex: select it, hit left key, then right key)
8. Draw the same selection box around that connector: it will be selected (likewise, clicking on it will select it)
Bonus steps: If you draw a selection rectangle around the original connector after step 5 and before step 7, and that rectangle includes the original position of the pasted connector, it will be selected (possible along with the original one).
This bug exists, as far as I know, for several years (ie, I had it already with "original" OOo).
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.168 Safari/535.19
Extra platform info: Debian sid, updated to libreoffice package 1:3.5.3-4.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 44534 ***