After installation of 3.6.1 windows explorer terminates with message "Windows Explorer funktioniert nicht mehr" (Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore). This problem only occured for one user account. In another user account, odt documents are not longer opened when trying to open them from windows explorer (they can however be opened using LOs open file function).
Steps to reproduce:
1. ??? Installation of 3.6.1 release over 3.5.5 or 3.5.6 (not sure which version was installed before).
2. Log in as windows user
3. Windows cannot be used anymore using this account, as Windows explorer crashes and is restarted repeatedly
No problems (LO 3.6.1 deinstalled).
Will install LO 3.5.6 (not yet done...)
No Windows Explorer crashes after log in, LO documents can be opened from Windows Explorer
Platform (if different from the browser):
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
Behaviour was not there after inital LO 3.6.1 installation (on 30.8.12) but only some days later (on 04.09.12).
(This is a Windows issue, isn't it? Therefore improved Platform.)
Perhaps a duplicate of bug 53588.
(In reply to comment #3)
> Perhaps a duplicate of bug 53588.
Well, the original reporter speaks about a repeated crash (not just a blocking) of Windows Explorer. This reminds me heavily about:
* Bug 52078 - “shlxthdl_x64.dll/shlxthdl.dll causes Windows Explorer to CRASH
repeatedly when Flat ODF file is in view“
* Bug 53533 - “shlxthdl_x64.dll/shlxthdl.dll causes Windows Explorer to CRASH
when corrupted ODF file is in view”
But bug 52078 should be already fixed in LibO 3.6.1, so bug 53533 seems more probable.
@ Andreas Koelz:
Do you have any .odt (or .fodt) files on your desktop, or in the QuickStarter, or whereever they come into view as soon as you log in “as windows user”? Then this would be definitely the same issue as in one of the both reports mentioned above. If this could be the case, there are two solutions:
1) You need to remove the problematic files from your desktop, QuickStarter, etc. A Windows expert (I am no one) will tell you how to accomplish this *withouth* viewing these files (if you view them in the Explorer, it will just crash again); probably by logging in as admin and then deleting/moving the files via terminal/shell/command line commands ...
2) LibreOffice 3.6.2 will solve also the remaining issue, bug 53533; a first release candidate is available from
and works reasonably well; so you can also try to update directly to that version and see if it solves your problem.
Let us please know if any of these actions helped you! Thank you!
I have downgraded to 3.5.6 right after encountering the problems. With this version (as with all previous versions) there are no problems.
I haven't seen .odt files in places where they would be opened after login.
I will wait for 3.6.2 release.
(In reply to comment #5)
> I have downgraded to 3.5.6 right after encountering the problems. With this
> version (as with all previous versions) there are no problems.
Therefore added "regression" keyword.
> I haven't seen .odt files in places where they would be opened after login.
> I will wait for 3.6.2 release.
OK -- then please let us know, as soon as you have installed 3.6.2,
* if the problem persists (this would be very important to know!),
* or if it has gone (then please close this bug as RESOLVED/WORKSFORME).
Installed 3.6.2 - no problems so far with this version.