Created attachment 79252 [details]
Sample file for borken charts
Well, the problem is quite strange, it is reported by one of our community members. They are using only LibreOffice in their company and their spreadsheets corrupts and charts are broken, titles having many "sub-title"
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a spreadsheet with Calc - no matter ods, xls or xlsx
2. Create charts and save the document and save the document
3. With some time- 1 day or 1 hour-not definite, when they open the file and see that charts are broken and lots of "sub-title" tags added to chart title.
I found similar issues at ask LibreOffice: http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/2149/in-calc-after-each-save-the-subtitle-is-added-to/
I had notes with the document
In LibreOffice chart bars are not visible even deleting the sub titles and chart area and covering area are seperate
In MS Excel chart bars are visible when deleting the sub-titles
In Gnumeric chart bars are visible when deleting the sub-titles from the area "Title"
I'am attaching a sample file, they say no matter the extension is the problem persists.
You may see the charts under the tables, seems small but charts ghost area is big. If you click to edges and expand you may see the components seperated.
I've replaced info parts with AAA to protect confidental data.
There in another bugs but not seems quite similar https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52632
Operating System: All
Version: 126.96.36.199 release
Hi Zeki, thanks for reporting.
Have they tried to reset the user profile?, sometimes solve strange issues:
I can not reproduce it with:
Version 188.8.131.52 (Build ID: 0eaa50a932c8f2199a615e1eb30f7ac74279539)
even with the sample file, deleting subtitle text, rearranging chart in G1, save and reopen, no subtitle added, and chart in G1 remains equal.
(In reply to comment #1)
> Hi Zeki, thanks for reporting.
> Have they tried to reset the user profile?, sometimes solve strange issues:
No. But they say the same issue is created by multiple computers.
> I can not reproduce it with:
I'am attaching a screenshot, you mean you can see the charts fine? I've tried it another computer but charts are not visible only after deleting, saving and reopening. There are small letter prints and after expanding them from corner handles chars are visible.
But the main problem is what is causing the problem? Is there a chance to debug the files?
I will advise to reset the profiles, but they are corporate users.
Strange part is that this docs are created by LibreOffice and modified with it. Documents saved in a Microsoft Server 2K, and they moved them to Centos, but i don't think it will prevent.
Created attachment 79275 [details]
Appearance of the charts after save(left one is modified, subtitles deleted)
Zeki: We need a way to reproduce it to help.
Could you take a look to fdo#52632 in see also? Perhaps your bug is a duplicate of this?
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least 6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INVALID due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INVALID due to inactivity and a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still present in the latest stable release, we need the following information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED and we will attempt to reproduce the issue.
Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details on the top section of FDO