It is not possible to set up an autocorrection of a texto to be replaced by other text with format. The replaced text is always treated as "only text": format is not saved in the configuration or applied.
Steps to reproduce:
1. On a document go to menu "insert" and select "Special character".
2. Select "Wingdings" font and select an arrow and click "Ok"
3. Select the special character inserted and copy it to the clipboard.
4. Go to "Tools" menu and select "Autocorrect options"
5. Type "==>" in the field "Replace" and paste the clipboard into the field on the right.
6. Ensure that "Only text" checkbox is not checked.
7. Clic button "Replace" and then clik "OK"
8. type "==>" and a space in the document.
9. The text has "times new roman" font instead Windings font.
The replaced text has the format of the text being edited.
The replaced text should have the format it had when created in the Autocorrect options.
Operating System: Windows XP
Version: 184.108.40.206 release
At first, I thought this should be an enhancement request, not a bug. On closer reading, I realise that I've not noticed such a checkbox option as "Only text". Didn't know its existence until now!
I confirm the bug on LO 220.127.116.11.
Furthermore, I need to add that there's no need (at least in this version) to copy the selection and paste in the right "with" box. Just highlighting the selection and activating AutoCorrect Options will have the selection automatically pasted in the said box. Also, the button is (now) labeled New (not Replace).
Nonetheless, (as original reporter noted) the function still doesn't work.
Since the help file says that should work, it suggests that this used to work. If so, it's a regression.
(ah well, one of the bugs that I see while rushing around and fail to add to bugzilla mayself :( )
It's present first in 4.0.0.alpha1
OK in 3.6.x
@caolan: Could it be that this broke with the conversion to new UI/widgets ?
@ivan: to set autocorrect with content, I always simply select the text in Writer, add text to the field 'replace' and hit 'new'
to check: loaded 3.6.x profile in 4.0.0 alpha1, and indeed the autocorrect with formatting from 3.6.x is used correctly.
So indeed the problem is that the autocorrect entry is not saved correctly.
Reproduced (qa-fr) with
18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
*** Bug 67697 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(In reply to comment #7)
> *** Bug 67697 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
To minimise creation of duplicates, I'm rewording the bug summary.
Not a regression from .ui conversion, but I'll fix it.
fixed in master proposed for 4-1 and 4-0 in gerrit
(In reply to comment #9)
> Not a regression from .ui conversion, but I'll fix it.
That's very kind of you. Didn't cross my mind that UI is wrong labeling. Perhaps you could relabeled it correctly.
(In reply to comment #1)
> Also, the button is (now) labeled New (not Replace).
(In reply to comment #11)
> Didn't cross my mind that UI is wrong labeling.
> Perhaps you could relabeled it correctly.
I assume that you refer to your comment 1. But there's no mistake: when "Replace" field contains a text that is absent in current replacement list, the button is labeled "New", and when the text to replace is the same as of an existing entry, it changes to "Replace". So you may add a new autocorrection entry, or replace an existing autocorrection entry.
I was referring to the Bug Summary/Title.
fixed this using a different bug id, so duping to that to show the versions it will be fixed in
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 67697 ***