Created attachment 88380 [details]
RTF test case
With a simple RTF document (attached) it takes around 3-6 seconds to generate a corresponding PDF.
This is a single-page document; if I create a multi-page document, which is structurally similar to this one, the time increases linearly up to about 500 pages; I haven't tested beyond that point.
This makes the conversion of any non-trivial documents logistically impractical with LibreOffice.
I can do it instantly in 1 sec with your attached file (LO 184.108.40.206, Win7 32bit).
Please inform your OS. Also try again with LO 220.127.116.11 & resetting user profile.
Did you actually time it on the command line? If so, can you say exactly how long it took?
Also, even 1 second per page is ridiculously slow.
please name your O/S
on my LibO 18.104.22.168 under Win7 64bit it takes 1 or 2 seconds to export as PDF.
not 3 to 6 like you reported
Ubuntu 12.10; further testing shows that the *first* conversion of the single-page doc takes 3-6 seconds (according to time, using CLI conversion); subsequent conversions take 1-2 seconds and larger documents amortize to that time per-page as well.
Still, 1-2 seconds per page is insane.
try uploading a 10 pages document so we can effectively see if it takes 20 seconds to save on Windows.
Created attachment 89672 [details]
18 pages testcase
I created an 18 pages RTF file duplicating you original one.
It takes just 4 seconds to export the whole file to PDF with LibO 22.214.171.124 under Win7 64 bit. do you experience different exporting time?
I change platform from ALL to LINUX
I change status from UNCONFIRMED to NEEDINFO
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least 6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INVALID due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INVALID due to inactivity and a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still present in the latest stable release, we need the following information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED and we will attempt to reproduce the issue.
Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details on the top section of FDO
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (rtf -> filter:rtf)