When LO crashed, the autorecovery screen gives a text with the following contents:
The file '$(ARG1)' is corrupt and therefore cannot be opened. LibreOfficeDev can try to repair the file.
The corruption could be the result of document manipulation or of structural document damage due to data transmission.
We recommend that you do not trust the content of the repaired document.
Execution of macros is disabled for this document.
Should LibreOfficeDev repair the file?
After wanting to repai the file (YES to above question):
The file '$(ARG1)' could not be repaired and therefore cannot be opened.
The term '$(ARG1)' is not very user-friendly.......
- it was an unsaved document that i was editing, when LO crashed.
- reason for crashing wil be posted in another bug, if i find the reason ;)
Created attachment 99741 [details]
screenshot of initial untitled ODT recovery
Created attachment 99742 [details]
screeenshot of initial titled ODS with macro
I was unable to replicate this on
Ubuntu 14.04 64bit
Build ID: 2e39c7e59c8fc8b16a54c3d981dceef27fb0c07f
using the sidebar crash(https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79161)
with an untitled odt and a macro containing ods. The recovery screens generated after the crash are attached above.
If you find the specific steps necessary to repeat your crash, please add details.
(In reply to comment #0)
> The term '$(ARG1)' is not very user-friendly
I confirm and agree: it would be better to display the temporary name of the unsaved document (Untitled 1, Untitled 2...)
It is not really a bug, so I set status to New - Enhancement
Created attachment 99761 [details]
Screenshot with described 'problem'
The other two screenshots missed the last step.
probably i did not describe it clear enough ;-)
The problem is after pressing the 'Start recovery' button
not reproducable in 184.108.40.206 ==> closing