Download it now!
Bug 79149 - UI: Insert picture and frame style: label "Style" should be "Frame style" (as with the combobox when a picture/frame in the document is selected)
Summary: UI: Insert picture and frame style: label "Style" should be "Frame style" (as...
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
Inherited From OOo
Hardware: Other All
: low enhancement
Assignee: Joel Madero
URL:
Whiteboard: target:4.4.0
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-05-23 18:58 UTC by Gilvan Vilarim
Modified: 2016-10-26 07:38 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
InsertImage.png (9.48 KB, image/png)
2015-02-20 09:57 UTC, pierre-yves samyn
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Gilvan Vilarim 2014-05-23 18:58:20 UTC
1 - Create a new document in Writer

2 - Choose Insert > New > Picture > From File

3 - There is a combo box named "Style" which is used to choose a frame style; I suggest to change label do "Frame Style", because it is much more clear.

Best regards,
Gilvan.

PS: In Portuguese (Brazil), this label is not localized (also in earlier versions). The translation should be "Estilo" or even "Estilo de Quadro", according to my suggestion.
Comment 1 Cor Nouws 2014-05-23 22:06:16 UTC
Hi Gilvan,

(In reply to comment #0)

> 3 - There is a combo box named "Style" which is used to choose a frame
> style; I suggest to change label do "Frame Style", because it is much more
> clear.

Do you mean the combobox left on the toolbar formatting?
The one where you can choose Paragraph styles if no graphic is selected?

That one should have the label "Apply style". And it has so for me in 4.2.4.2 and 4.3.0alpha1 ..

Best,
Cor
Comment 2 Gilvan Vilarim 2014-05-23 22:29:18 UTC
Hi. The path is: menu Insert > Image > From File...

This dialog box has a combo box labeled as "Style", but it is a generic name. It should be "Frame Style", because this combo sets a frame style to be automaticalley applied to the inserted image before you click "Open". It's just a change in the combo label.

I have big issues about frame styles, but this is for another bug ;)

Best regards,
Gilvan.
Comment 3 pierre-yves samyn 2014-05-25 09:08:31 UTC
Hi

I confirm and agree it would be more accurate to use the same term that in the styles dialog. However it is not really a bug but an enhancement request.

I set status to New.

By the way, with the windows version this only works if libreoffice dialogs are used (tools> options> LibreOffice> General> Use libreoffice dialogs), but as you say, this is another bug ;)

Regards
Pierre-Yves
Comment 4 Gilvan Vilarim 2014-05-26 20:31:06 UTC
Thank you; this hint about changing to Libreoffice dialogs is very interesting. So far, it is better for me to use the Formula frame style, because anchoring is different.

These frame style bugs are a pain in the neck.. :( 

It is time for developers to create a "tour-de-force" and solve all the frame style bugs. They have been there for years!

[]s
Gilvan.
Comment 5 Cor Nouws 2014-07-05 17:20:59 UTC
Hi Gilvan,

Thanks for your support by filing your ideas about improvements. Really appreciated (though sometimes people do not understand it immediately = me ;p )

However, remarks as below have - if any - only the effect the developers are less interested. Just a tip ;)

> It is time for developers to create a "tour-de-force" and solve all the
> frame style bugs. They have been there for years!


I change the summary. I expect the version should be something as 'inherited from OOo - since it's as such for a long time.

Cheers,
Cor
Comment 6 Joel Madero 2014-11-06 07:13:36 UTC
Patch committed. For translation please contact Sophie to learn how to get involved :)
Comment 7 Commit Notification 2014-11-06 08:22:47 UTC
Joel committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=0ac22609b922eb40f297ebf7a555e745d5c29114

fdo#79149 Graphic Dialog Label Change

It will be available in 4.4.0.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 8 pierre-yves samyn 2015-02-20 09:56:46 UTC
Hi

Still occurs for me on windows 7/64 & Version: 4.4.1.1
Build ID: b5ac74bf8683a92078a2bc8aff97d4b436af63cb
Locale: fr_FR

Tested with "system" & LibreOffice dialogs
See InsertImage.png (screenshot) attached

Regards
Pierre-Yves
Comment 9 pierre-yves samyn 2015-02-20 09:57:17 UTC
Created attachment 113541 [details]
InsertImage.png
Comment 10 Joel Madero 2016-10-26 03:41:32 UTC
This is resolved. I've checked 5.3 and it says Frame Style
Comment 11 pierre-yves samyn 2016-10-26 07:38:16 UTC
(In reply to Joel Madero from comment #10)
> This is resolved. I've checked 5.3 and it says Frame Style

Sorry, not resolved on windows 7/64 &Version: 5.3.0.0.alpha1+
Build ID: 8a796410ec8f440b4163b15b928347c499da7a8f
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Windows 6.1; UI Render: default; 
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2016-10-20_23:07:21
Locale: fr-FR (fr_FR); Calc: group

Tested with windows dialog & LO dialogs

May be in a more recent?

Regards
Pierre-Yves