Created attachment 102431 [details]
One document of each format with DB Fields Name inside.
I insert some Database Fields Names into a new document, then i save it in DOC extension. When i reopen it, the Fields have been transformed in normal text, so the Field doesn't work.
I tried with ODT and RTF extension and i verified that this work. I tried also with OTT and DOT extensions...this works correctly with OTT but doesn't work with DOT format.
So, the problem is with the DOC/DOT format.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new document with Writer
2. Insert one or more DATABASE FIELDS, from BIBLIOGRAPHY or another connected DB
3. Verify the Filed name is correct
4. Save the document in DOC format
5. Close and reopen
6. When you reopen it, the Field name is in normal text.
7. Try also to save the same document in RTF and ODT format, and it may works correctly, so the Fields names are manteined.
8. Try also to save in OTT and DOT template format..with OTT it works correctly and with DOT doesn't work and you'll find normal text.
With DOC and DOT format, i insert FIELDS NAME but i can't save it because these are saved as normal text and not as fields names...then i can only use them at the moment without saving the file.
I can create a document with FIELDS NAME within and save it in DOC, DOT, RTF, ODT or OTT without loss of format and information.
Operating System: Windows 7
Version: 184.108.40.206 release
Just clarifying the summary
I guess, there's already an issue for this
Thanks for your report!
This is a duplicate of 67207 - Sophie
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 67207 ***
reopened as suggested in per https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=67207#c21
problem still exists in Version: 220.127.116.11.alpha0+
Build ID: 5e4c1e6ba425ce0b75864e4584a846957b032e61
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@86-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2019-04-25_17:33:40
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US