I have a table first column alpha-numeric,crashes when sorting is ask.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Load table,
2. select table
Current behavior: crash
Expected behavior: alpha-numeric sorting
Operating System: Windows 7
Version: 188.8.131.52 release
Last worked in: 184.108.40.206 release
Thank you for filing the bug. Please send us a sample document, as this makes it easier for us to verify the bug.
Created attachment 102749 [details]
Attached, I replaced the text in the last column.
firstname.lastname@example.org schreef op 13-7-2014 17:47:
> Jay Philips <mailto:email@example.com> changed bug 81292
> What Removed Added
> Status UNCONFIRMED NEEDINFO
> CC firstname.lastname@example.org
> Ever confirmed 1
> *Comment # 1 <https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=81292#c1>
> on bug 81292 <https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=81292> from
> Jay Philips <mailto:email@example.com> *
> Hello Bart,
> Thank you for filing the bug. Please send us a sample document, as this makes
> it easier for us to verify the bug.
> You are receiving this mail because:
> * You reported the bug.
Created attachment 102750 [details]
Created attachment 102751 [details]
Thank you for the sample document. I selected the file and sorted it by rows using key 2 in alphanumeric ascending order in LibreOffice 4.2.5 on Linux and 4.2.4 and 4.2.6 on Windows 7 and unfortunately couldnt reproduce the crash. Is there any additional information you can provide that will assist in reproducing this?
Note: Please dont reply to these message by email as it adds unnecessary information into the bug tracking system. Please click on the bug number link provided in the email and you will be taken to this bugzilla page, where you can add your comment and attachments.
First of all I sorted with key 1. I can still with the sample document reproduce the crash. If I delete all text from the last column the sorting goes OK.
I run LibreOffice Versie: 220.127.116.11 Build ID: 1cb170a04bb1f12e77c884eab9192be736ec5f5 on a Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1 machine.
I had originally sorted Key 1 and that didnt crash for me and it didnt rearrange the list, as the list is already sorted by Key 1, so i didnt mention that in my previous comment. Well i went ahead and installed 4.2.5 to see if its a bug limited to that version, but still couldnt reproduce it on Windows 7.
Is it possible that you can follow the instructions provided at this link < https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/How_to_get_a_backtrace_with_WinDbg > and submit a backtrace, so that a developer can look into the reasoning of the crash. If you need any assistance during the process, i will be here to assist.
Created attachment 102851 [details]
Results from windbg LibreOffice sorting issue.
I hope that I did well.
I saw something about a write error to a certain memory location. I did run a memtest, no errors.
Thank you for the backtrace. Yes the backtrace looks good and i will pass it on to a developer to evaluate.
I'm glad the instructions were simple enough for you to follow. Was there any information in the wiki that wasnt?
@Meeks: can you have a quick look at the backtrace.
I made some mistakes initially due to faulty reading of the instructions, in the end however I read the text properly and than things went OK.
I did not do the mini dump.
Hi, I reproduce the crash with 18.104.22.168 version and 22.214.171.124 version Ubuntu 14.04. I add a copy of the crash report from Ubuntu, not sure it is useful but who knows :)
Created attachment 102987 [details]
screenshot of the report from Ubuntu with segfault and stacktrace.
Also with the newest version of LibreOffice Versie: 126.96.36.199
Build ID: 62ad5818884a2fc2e5780dd45466868d41009ec0
I can reproduce the crash when sorting a table. On another machine running 64 bit version of Windows 7 same results.
I did now install LibreOffice 188.8.131.52 on my linux machine (Lubuntu 14.04.1 LTS - Mate). Same results, LibreOffice crashes on sorting the table.
With the update to 184.108.40.206 issue is fixed. Sorting now OK.
Glad to hear that its fixed now.
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (possibleRegression)
Zdeněk Crhonek committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
uitest for bug tdf#81292 and tdf#99334 - Sort table
It will be available in 6.3.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
The test exist, set status to Verified.