Created attachment 103889 [details]
Word 2013 VS LibO 4.3.1
1) Open attachment 103815 [details] in Word 2013 and convert to RTF, else open < https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6qJrVIa0SAlbHNZaDRsYlVpQkU/edit?usp=sharing >
2) Scroll down to page 28
3) See that the bold text 'Connect. This will open a remote'
4) The bold attribute was only set to 'Connect.'
Tested in 4.3.1, 4.2.5, and 3.3.0. It seems that because the period is in bold, its not stopping the bold from continuing. You can see other bold text on the page which has a period following it, but the period in those cases isnt bold.
(In reply to comment #0)
> 2) Scroll down to page 28
> 3) See that the bold text 'Connect. This will open a remote'
> 4) The bold attribute was only set to 'Connect.'
Confirmed under GNU/Linux using:
- v188.8.131.52 Build ID: 40ff705089295be5be0aae9b15123f687c05b0a
- v184.108.40.206 Build ID: 61cb170a04bb1f12e77c884eab9192be736ec5f5
- v220.127.116.11.alpha0+ Build ID: e379401618268ed7f7f5885a36b90e1f4f6cd4af TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@46-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2014-08-18_05:51:03
Under GNU/Linux using v18.104.22.168 Build ID: 3215f89-f603614-ab984f2-7348103-1225a5b only "Connect. " (including trailing space) is set in bold. Status set to NEW.
Thanks Owen for catching that it was fixed in 3.5.7, so that means its a regression. Tested that its broken in 3.6.7.
Created attachment 105156 [details]
Miklos Vajna committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
fdo#82078 RTF import: fix bold text spilling over to non-bold text
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
*** Bug 82079 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (filter:rtf, bibisectRequest)
Remove redundant 'rtf_filter'.