Bug 84056 - EDITING: Dependent cells not updated if reference in another sheet changed
Summary: EDITING: Dependent cells not updated if reference in another sheet changed
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
(earliest affected)
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
Whiteboard: BSA
Depends on:
Blocks: Cell-Reference
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2014-09-18 16:29 UTC by simon-eder
Modified: 2019-05-12 10:46 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:

Test file to reproduce the bug (670.33 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet)
2014-09-18 16:29 UTC, simon-eder

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description simon-eder 2014-09-18 16:29:07 UTC
Created attachment 106513 [details]
Test file to reproduce the bug

Problem description: 
Sometimes dependent cells are not updated. "
Autocalculate" is turned on. 
The option "Always reclaculate at file open" is turned off.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached spreadsheet.
2. On sheet "ergebnis" note the value 4 in cells D27, D30 and D33/D36/D39
3. On sheet "eingabe" change the date in B9 to "30.9.2011". This will cause a change in cell ergebnis.D27 (4=>2) =>correct
4. Now also the cells ergebnis.D30/D33/D36/D39 should display the value from ergebnis.D27(2). This is not always the case.

Sometimes the error is not reproducable then close Calc and try the steps above again. Also if the error occurs and you change the date in eingabe.B9 a second or third time to a different value the update works. After the update worked once the problem is gone until you close and open the spreadsheet again.

Hard recalculation via Shift+Ctrl+F9 works.

Current behavior:
Sometimes the dependent cells Ergebnis.D30/D33/D36/D39 are not updated. Only the cell Ergebnis.D27 is updated correctly.

Expected behavior:
All dependent cells are updated
Operating System: Windows 7
Version: rc
Comment 1 raal 2014-09-18 16:51:39 UTC
I can confirm with Version:
Build ID: 800884a0b9ce12924b8ed225571c01e7b0fb0ec7
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@46-TDF, Branch:libreoffice-4-3, Time: 2014-09-18_04:03:22
Comment 2 ign_christian 2014-09-19 06:13:56 UTC
Tried several times with LO portable - Win7 x86, not reproducible.
Comment 3 ign_christian 2014-09-19 16:05:56 UTC
Looks like I found how to -always- reproduce this bug : skip step 2 in comment 0 (don't look into sheet "Ergebnis" before doing step 3)

Reproduced with LO,, under Ubuntu 12.04 x86

Can't confirm regression because of import problem in LO 4.2 and 4.1

And I don't know how to repro from scratch with simplified case, strange..
Comment 4 simon-eder 2014-10-12 13:14:40 UTC
I tried to reproduce the bug with 4.2. As the attached file is not importable in 4.2 I used the master spreadsheet from which I derived my attached simplified test case file.
With my original file I can reproduce the bug in but not in with Build-ID: 3fd416d4c6db7d3204c17ce57a1d70f6e531ee21.

I used the mentioned spreadsheet for years with LO 3.4, 3.6, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 without encountering this bug.

In my opinion the bug was introduced between 4.2 and 4.3.
Comment 5 simon-eder 2014-10-12 13:37:01 UTC
I also checked LO 4.4 and hoped the problem might be gone.

Unfortunately it is still present in:

Build ID: 7dc6c9af4ba313f054331f5130470d83d875bc16
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2014-10-11_13:41:48
Comment 6 simon-eder 2014-12-28 15:30:32 UTC
I checked in 4.4.0 RC1:
problem is still present

I checked with a new master build
Build ID: 2a20bf5105181d51aab40bdd4ce8c09615a0e599
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2014-12-25_07:55:29
Locale: de_DE):

problem is gone
Comment 7 QA Administrators 2016-01-17 20:04:54 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 8 QA Administrators 2017-03-06 14:32:32 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 9 simon-eder 2019-05-12 10:46:54 UTC
Works in version 6.2