Created attachment 109142 [details]
Screenshot of useless scrollbar
Some input widgets (boxes and the like) have scrollbars even when not needed. See the attached screenshot.
Reproducible with LO 188.8.131.52, Win 8.1, but as mentioned by Adolfo a minor/trivial bug. But it would be very sophisticated if the scrollbar would not be there at the beginning if there is nothing to scroll and would then only appear if the text and elements will be long enough.
- Any LO application -> FILE -> PROPERTIES -> tab DESCRIPTION and tab CUSTOM PROPERTIES
- WRITER -> EDIT -> AUTOTEXT : here it would be very sophisticated if the scrollbar appears only after you have expanded the available options (as for instance made in WRITER -> EDIT -> EXCHANGE DATABASE -> section Available Databases, but here it would be nice if the scrollbar would also disappear again if they are closed again as for instance in TOOLS -> MACROS -> ORGANISE DIALOGS)
Background Colours tabs (but I am not sure whether with LO 4.4 here will already be a change?):
- WRITER -> INSERT -> SECTION -> tab BACKGROUND
- WRITER -> INSERT -> INDEXES AND TABLES -> INDEXES AND TABLES -> tab BACKGROUND
- WRITER FORMAT -> PARAGRAPH -> tab BACKGROUND
- WRITER -> TOOLS -> AUTOCORRECT OPTIONS -> tab OPTIONS and tab LOCALISED OPTIONS
TOOLS / OPTIONS:
- WRITER -> TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> section Libreoffice -> Fonts (e.g. check Apply Replacement Table)
- WRITER -> TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> section Load/Save -> Microsoft Office
- WRITER -> TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> section LibreOffice Base -> Connections (e.g. check Connection pooling enabled)
- CALC -> DATA -> VALIDITY -> tab INPUT HELP and tab ERROR ALERT
- CALC -> DATA -> FORM
- DRAW -> INSERT -> LAYER
- DRAW -> MODIFY -> DESCRIPTION
Adolfo Jayme Barrientos committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
fdo#86050 Let LibreOffice add scrollbars to widgets only when necessary
It will be available in 4.4.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.