Bug Hunting Session
Bug 89624 - FILEOPEN DOCX: SAXParseException: "No namespace defined for pic" after RT
Summary: FILEOPEN DOCX: SAXParseException: "No namespace defined for pic" after RT
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: LibreOffice (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.4.0.3 release
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) All
: medium major
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords: filter:docx
Depends on:
Blocks: DOCX-SAXParse
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2015-02-24 16:54 UTC by Florent Thiéry
Modified: 2017-11-08 00:01 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
content example (226.33 KB, image/png)
2015-02-24 16:54 UTC, Florent Thiéry
Details
result example (content lost) (107.36 KB, image/png)
2015-02-24 16:54 UTC, Florent Thiéry
Details
original document (63.48 KB, application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)
2015-02-24 16:55 UTC, Florent Thiéry
Details
screenshot of crash after trying to reopen (26.44 KB, image/png)
2016-05-18 08:52 UTC, Florent Thiéry
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Florent Thiéry 2015-02-24 16:54:29 UTC
Created attachment 113647 [details]
content example

1) open docx file (attached)
2) "tick" the box by writing anything in the small box (i did use "X" as on the screenshot but it also happens with anything); write whatever after that
3) save as DOCX (keep original file)
4) open again -- everything after the ticked "box" is LOST FOREVER
Comment 1 Florent Thiéry 2015-02-24 16:54:50 UTC
Created attachment 113648 [details]
result example (content lost)
Comment 2 Florent Thiéry 2015-02-24 16:55:34 UTC
Created attachment 113649 [details]
original document
Comment 3 Florent Thiéry 2015-02-24 16:56:53 UTC
Btw also happens on 4.3.6 (libreoffice-still on Arch)
Comment 4 Florent Thiéry 2015-02-24 16:58:14 UTC
Another note: converting to .ODT works, but when exporting the exporter also deletes anything beyond the "box".
Comment 5 Florent Thiéry 2015-02-24 17:00:18 UTC
(In reply to Florent Thiéry from comment #4)
> Another note: converting to .ODT works, but when exporting the exporter also
> deletes anything beyond the "box".

I meant, exporting to DOCX of course.
Comment 6 A (Andy) 2015-02-24 21:14:00 UTC
Reproducible with LO 4.4.0.3, Win 8.1
Comment 7 tommy27 2016-04-16 07:27:57 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 8 Florent Thiéry 2016-05-18 08:49:59 UTC
I confirm the bug persists with 5.0.6.3 ; it's actually even worse, as the whole file is now unreadable after saving, and trying to open it results in an exception. 

SAXParseException: "No namespace defined for pic"
SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Namespace prefix pic on bodyPr is not defined
', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 30697(row,col).

(see latest attachment)
Comment 9 Florent Thiéry 2016-05-18 08:52:17 UTC
Created attachment 125140 [details]
screenshot of crash after trying to reopen
Comment 10 Telesto 2016-12-05 10:41:27 UTC
The bug seems to have developed. It changed to a SAXParseException

Confirming SAXParseException: "No namespace defined for pic" after a round trip with:
Version: 5.4.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: 33f5bc54aaa7fe7aa9335726e30f9c349155e04d
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Windows 6.2; UI Render: default; 
TinderBox: Win-x86@62-merge-TDF, Branch:MASTER, Time: 2016-12-01_23:21:05
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL); Calc: CL

and with:
Version: 4.4.0.3
Build ID: de093506bcdc5fafd9023ee680b8c60e3e0645d7
Locale: nl_NL

and with:
Version: 4.3.0.4
Build ID: 62ad5818884a2fc2e5780dd45466868d41009ec0

but not with:
Versie 4.0.0.3 (Bouw-id: 7545bee9c2a0782548772a21bc84a9dcc583b89)
Checkbox are gone though
Comment 11 Xisco Faulí 2017-11-08 00:01:08 UTC
The issue seems to be fixed in

Version: 6.0.0.0.alpha1+
Build ID: 38a8157d9447134913d88c6c373d99a7aa472857
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.10; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3; 
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); Calc: group

Closing as RESOLVED WORKSFORME

[Improvement found by office-interoperability-tools]