Bug 90043 - [EDITING] Unable to change font in the autocorrection special characters list
Summary: [EDITING] Unable to change font in the autocorrection special characters list
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
Inherited From OOo
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) All
: medium minor
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: Options-Dialog AutoCorrect-Complete
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2015-03-16 21:20 UTC by Rogerio Luz Coelho
Modified: 2018-08-26 15:00 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Rogerio Luz Coelho 2015-03-16 21:20:15 UTC
Before I updated to 4.3 the 4.3 tree and all before had an extensive range of options for choosing special characters in the Autocorrection fields, now it seems it is very much restricted. 

For example the formulas for Oxygen (O2) and  Water (H2O) do not seem possible any more. 

This is a regression I think. 

Thanks.
Comment 1 Rogerio Luz Coelho 2015-03-16 21:55:05 UTC
Ok ... new devolopment ... 

I found that the problem seems that the widget for the "special character" for the Autocorrection window is stuck in the "Cantarell" fonts. 

Seems this font doesn't have what I am looking for, I cannot change the font in this widget, If I could set it to Liberation, the problem should disappear. 

Hope this helps.
Comment 2 Buovjaga 2015-03-21 12:11:01 UTC
Confirmed the inability to change font.
Changed title.
Lowered severity per https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/0/06/Prioritizing_Bugs_Flowchart.jpg

Win 7 Pro 64-bit, LibO Version: 4.4.1.2
Build ID: 45e2de17089c24a1fa810c8f975a7171ba4cd432
Locale: fi_FI

Version: 4.5.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: 181feb38d95e25980b96c2f6802cc906410abb13
TinderBox: Win-x86@62-TDF, Branch:MASTER, Time: 2015-03-19_23:38:28
Locale: fi_FI

Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit 
Version: 4.4.1.2
Build ID: 40m0(Build:2)
Locale: en_US

Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit
LibreOffice 3.3.0 
OOO330m19 (Build:6)
tag libreoffice-3.3.0.4
Comment 3 tommy27 2016-04-16 07:22:41 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 4 V Stuart Foote 2016-11-02 15:34:36 UTC
Still an issue, if attempting to add an Autocorrect replacement entry  (Tools -> AutoCorrect -> AutoCorrect Options) with focus in the With field, the context menu launch of Special Characters is limited to the system default font. I.e. on Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 that is Segoe UI.

It is also limited to using Unicode codepoints from the BMP, and can not access the codepoints from the SMP or beyond. Meaning for exaple, you could not create your own :emoji: entry for codepoint from the Miscellaneous Symbols and Pictograph or Emoticon pages.
Comment 5 QA Administrators 2017-11-03 08:05:04 UTC
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **

To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.

There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.

If you have time, please do the following:

Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/

If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
 
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.

Please DO NOT

Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not 
appropriate in this case)


If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword


Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa

Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!

Warm Regards,
QA Team

MassPing-UntouchedBug