Created attachment 114426 [details]
1. New Text Document.
2. Move Sidebar to left.
3. In Sidebar, Hamburger icon → Close Sidebar.
4. Format → Styles and Formatting (or from toolbar).
Styles and Formatting pane within Sidebar is moved to the left.
5. Clicking on Styles and Formatting icon (Formatting Toolbar or Sidebar Toolbar) twice to hide and show the pane resolves the problem.
Build ID: 45e2de17089c24a1fa810c8f975a7171ba4cd432
What do you mean with "Hamburger Icon" in Step 3?
The "Hamburger Icon" is the one with the three parallel horizontal lines and a drop down arrow. Or you can use View -> Sidebar.
@Gordo: Thanks for your fast feedback.
Reproducible with LO 18.104.22.168, Win 8.1
The bug also occurs again, if you do the following after Step 5:
6. Open any other LO application e.g. with the New Document icon in the toolbar at the top
7. Now you are in the other LO application and now you switch back to WRITER
Result: The bug is again there.
I would just like to add that it keeps the width of the Sidebar toolbar to the right of the pane and ignores the width of the Sidebar toolbar on the left.
This seems to have begun at the below commit.
Adding Cc: to email@example.com; Could you possibly take a look at this one? Thanks
Author: Samuel Mehrbrodt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: Fri Dec 5 14:03:28 2014 +0100
Commit: Caolán McNamara <email@example.com>
CommitDate: Tue Dec 16 20:36:05 2014 +0000
fdo#87031 Sidebar tabs not visible when Sidebar deck is shown
Reviewed-by: Caolán McNamara <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tested-by: Caolán McNamara <email@example.com>
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 72007 ***
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (bibisected)