Presently, when a user goes into chart edit mode, he needs to open a variety of different dialogs in order to customize various aspects of the chart and it would be more beneficial if he could do this all, or atleast a large amount of it, from within a single dialog.
In order to achieve this, atleast the beginning stages of it, a tabbed chart dialog needs to be create that contains the following tabs :-
1) Type - Format > Chart Type
2) Data Range - Format > Data Ranges > Data Range
3) Data Series - Format > Data Ranges > Data Series
4) Data Table - View > Data Table
5) Elements - Insert > Titles, Legend, Grids
6) Area - Format > Chart Area > Borders, Area, Transparency
Most of these tabs would be identical to the existing ones, but some of the tabs would be created by merging a number of existing tabs into a single tab.
As Stuart confirmed, switching component to Chart.
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (needsDevEval, topicUI)
This bug may be related to this:
Also, there's not full compatibility between charts made in Calc and in Excel (Excel makes charts with white background and Calc makes charts with transparent background if I'm not mistaken).