I'm getting the following error message after I close a spreadsheet that had some formulas entered into.
"The instruction at 0x02c5efd5 referenced memory at 0x00000004. The memory could not be read."
How to replicate:
1. Start Calc.
2. Enter a couple of numbers into the first row, e.g. into three cells.
3. Enter a a couple of simple formulas into the second, third, fourth row, e.g. =a1*b1 repeated across cells.
4. Save spreadsheet.
5. Close Calc.
I'm using a LO 4.4.3 RC2 on a parallel installation.
Win XP pro SP3, 2 GB RAM.
Tested on another PC (similar setup, Win XP Pro SP3, 4 GB RAM). Same results.
As a comment: LO 4.3.7 works fine.
I've been getting the same error since branch 4.4 started, therefore I'm testing all the releases before doing a normal install. Each of the 4.4.x versions produced exactly the same error.
The issue appears only if the quickstarter is not present and turned off and not loaded automatically. That is if quickstarter is loaded, all is fine. If it's not loaded (unticked in memory settings) then the error appears.
You might try getting a backtrace of the error (crash??): https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/How_to_get_a_backtrace_with_WinDbg
Created attachment 115438 [details]
Attaching a backtrace log. My first ever, hope I did everything right.
(In reply to Marcin Segit from comment #3)
> Created attachment 115438 [details]
> Attaching a backtrace log. My first ever, hope I did everything right.
Thanks, it seems ok. I'll alert devs.
I can't reproduce the crash myself.
Win 7 Pro 64-bit, Version: 188.8.131.52
Build ID: 88805f81e9fe61362df02b9941de8e38a9b5fd16
Set to NEW because the backtrace confirms the crash.
Best regards. JBF
(In reply to Marcin Segit from comment #1)
> The issue appears only if the quickstarter is not present and turned off and
> not loaded automatically. That is if quickstarter is loaded, all is fine. If
> it's not loaded (unticked in memory settings) then the error appears.
i use only writer and i get this error message that you mentioned in writer.
all writer versions between versions 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 windows xp proffessional service pack 3, 2 gb ram, laptop acer 9410.
i use english, persian and arabic documents and in all of them, i get this error message.
i tested both installed and portable versions of libreoffice between versions 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
the result is the same.
i use microsoft document formats, .rtf and .txt and .html files.
the result is the same in all these formats and in .rtf is more.
According to the bt, it seems a dup of tdf#90969.
Please give a try to last stable version (5.1.3) and don't hesitate to reopen this tracker if I'm wrong.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 90969 ***