Bug 91172 - No spelling/auto-correct when creating document via folder context menu
Summary: No spelling/auto-correct when creating document via folder context menu
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.4.3.2 release
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Windows (All)
: medium minor
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
: 91421 105921 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks: Spell-Checking Desktop-Integration
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2015-05-08 17:59 UTC by Mike Gibson
Modified: 2018-06-22 02:49 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Document created from right-click context menu in explorer (80.31 KB, image/jpeg)
2015-05-08 17:59 UTC, Mike Gibson
Details
Document created from right-click context menu in explorer. Spell check finds no errors (86.42 KB, image/jpeg)
2015-05-08 18:01 UTC, Mike Gibson
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Mike Gibson 2015-05-08 17:59:45 UTC
Created attachment 115456 [details]
Document created from right-click context menu in explorer

Hello,

When I have a folder open in Windows Explorer, and I right-click in the folder to pull up the Windows context menu, and choose "New->OpenDocument Text" to create a Writer document, when I go to edit that document, neither Automatic Spell Checking, nor Tools->Spelling And Grammar work. Spelling And Grammar tells me that the document is fine, that there are no errors. I've tested this on a document filled with absolute nonsense.

However, everything works as expected if I create a new document from the LibreOffice Writer menu.

Windows 7, 64-bit. LibreOffice 4.4.3.2. 


I've attached an image showing that the autocorrect is active, and that a bunch of incorrect text is not underlined.




Side-note:
I came into the office today, created a new document, and the auto-correct issue suddenly appeared. Creating documents as described above is normal procedure for me, so this issue actually just appeared seemingly out of the blue. At the time, I was using a version of LibreOffice prior to 4.3.7, I don't remember which version though. When the issue arose, I upgraded to 4.3.7. The issue persisted through a reboot, and through deleting my LibreOffice folder under <User>/AppData. I decided to do a full uninstall of LibreOffice, and then install version 4.4.3.2. The problem persisted. HOWEVER, it wasn't until I had installed 4.4.3.2 that I noticed that there was no issue when creating a document from the LibreOffice Writer software. It is possible that the problem existed under the prior conditions, and is likely, but is unconfirmed.
Comment 1 Mike Gibson 2015-05-08 18:01:19 UTC
Created attachment 115457 [details]
Document created from right-click context menu in explorer. Spell check finds no errors
Comment 2 Buovjaga 2015-05-15 13:40:21 UTC
Reproduced.

When created with context menu, it says [None] in the status bar for language. Have to click it and set lang for paragraph or Tools - Lang - For all text. Then spellcheck works.

Win 7 Pro 64-bit, Version: 4.4.3.2
Build ID: 88805f81e9fe61362df02b9941de8e38a9b5fd16
Locale: fi_FI
Comment 3 Buovjaga 2015-06-26 07:06:47 UTC
*** Bug 91421 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 4 QA Administrators 2016-09-20 10:10:48 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 5 Buovjaga 2017-02-11 20:52:23 UTC
*** Bug 105921 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 6 QA Administrators 2018-06-22 02:49:20 UTC
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **

To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.

There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.

If you have time, please do the following:

Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/

If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
 
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.

Please DO NOT

Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not 
appropriate in this case)


If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword


Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa

Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!

Warm Regards,
QA Team

MassPing-UntouchedBug