Bug 94248 - UI: Clicks on cells containing url/email address links don’t select the cells
Summary: UI: Clicks on cells containing url/email address links don’t select the cells
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 126393
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
Inherited From OOo
Hardware: Other All
: medium minor
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-09-15 16:08 UTC by tmacalp
Modified: 2019-08-06 22:27 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description tmacalp 2015-09-15 16:08:48 UTC
Description:
Simply single-clicking on links (urls/email addresses) in Calc does not currently select the containing cell.  Because this link can easily occupy almost the entire cell, it can make it quite annoying to select these cells by using the mouse.

As stated above, LO should allow us to select the cell containing the link, but it appears that single-clicking a link simply isn't handled.  Double clicking doesn't appear to be handled either.  Ctrl-clicking, of course, opens the link, as expected.  Also, the right-click context menu only gives link-related options, not for the cell.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new spreadsheet
2. Select any cell, type "example@example.com ", and press enter. (Note the space on the end, which should cause autocorrect to convert the address to a link.)
3. Select another cell
4. Attempt to click on the link to select the cell

Note that the steps above require autocorrect to be turned on and url recognition to be enabled.  If not, simply insert a hyperlink (Insert->hyperlink, "google.com", enter).

Expected:
The containing cell should be selected.

Actual:
The click appears to be ignored/not handled.

Notes:
I tested and can confirm this behavior in LibreOffice 5.0.1.2 and in OpenOffice 3.2.1, so I'm marking as inherited from OOo.
Comment 1 tommy27 2015-09-16 05:19:58 UTC
confirmed under Win8.1 x64 using LibO 5.1.0 alpha too
status NEW
Comment 2 QA Administrators 2016-09-20 10:32:28 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 3 tmacalp 2017-03-10 18:50:54 UTC
Still reproducible in:
Version: 5.3.0.3
Build ID: 7074905676c47b82bbcfbea1aeefc84afe1c50e1
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.8; UI Render: default; VCL: x11; Layout Engine: new; 
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group
Comment 4 QA Administrators 2018-07-18 02:39:19 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 5 Samuel Mehrbrodt (CIB) 2019-08-06 14:57:07 UTC
Fixed in bug 126393 - sorry I didn't notice this bug earlier.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 126393 ***