Created attachment 119501 [details]
The doc file demonstrating the bug
The attached document has an image, a title and a table (in that order). However, in LO I see the table (not entirely, covered by the image), the image and the title.
Let me note that if I upload the file to Google Docs, it is displayed correctly from their viewer.
Created attachment 119502 [details]
Screenshot of MS Word with the file
Created attachment 119503 [details]
Screenshot of LO Writer with the file
tested under Win8.1 x64
OOo 3.3.0 correctly rendered the .doc file as MS Word
there are 2 position bugs here.
first one is the "2015 – 2016 MSc CultTech Students" text position which is shown below the table since LibO 3.3.4 ( I don't have earlier releases to test)
second one is the position of the "CulTech image banner" which is correctly shown at the top of the page until LibO 4.0.6 and starts displaced at the bottom since LibO 4.1.0
I will split this report in 2 different reports.
let's keep this one for the text position
I'll post later a link to the new report about the image position
here it is: Bug 94955
both bug persist in LibO 22.214.171.124.alpha1+ too
Build ID: f830600ece806ec365a4839e79afabe183c5e36d
TinderBox: Win-x86@62-merge-TDF, Branch:MASTER, Time: 2015-10-06_22:49:09
Locale: it-IT (it_IT)
Interesting: While bibisecting the spinned-off bug 94955, I found out that in
Build ID: 688f72e3a2c3ef923389bbd21f6aea3afe1114d
Build ID: 2ede6c95e6481c92cc199e7d74fd36c84163630
the page appears completely correctly.
Hmm, here is an interesting twist.
Open attachment 119501 [details] in MS Word 2007, and Save-as ODF .odt
Reopen in MS Word 2007 -- the result? In MS Word it has the same malformed layout as seen in the LibreOffice flavors back to the opening release. I checked back to 126.96.36.199.
So, beside MS handling the filter conversion to OpenDocument Text with the same misformatting--the real issue seems to be with conversion positioning for the graphic, and positioning for the table.
With the .DOC open in Word 2007 (Format Picture -> Layout -> Advanced -> Picture Position), the graphic has a Vertical absolute position -.37" below Paragraph, and a "Move object with Text" check-box enabled. The "Paragraph" seems to be the first of five--with the fifth holding the only text.
Also in Word 2007 the Table properties (Ribon Layout -> Table -> Properties: Table Properties -> Table -> Positioning: Table Positioning dialog) show Horizontal position Left relative to Margin. And Vertical position 2.5" relative to **PAGE**. Overlap is allowed, but the "Move with text" is unchecked.
When open in Word 2007 or in any LibreOffice build--either the MS Office saved .ODT or LO filter opening of the .DOC--the graphic is anchored to a Character (not Paragraph)--in first Paragraph. And the table is anchored to paragraph (but which one?)--its position now is Horizontal -.08" from Left margin of Page text area--while Vertical is set 2.50" from Top of Entire Page--with "Follow text flow" unchecked. Interesting in Word 2007 that the Table Properties -> Position Dialog is not available for .ODT Tables.
Someone more versed in our ww8 filter would need to comment, but to me this is a really strangely formatted MS binary document! It is no wonder that MS Word 2007 and LibreOffice builds get strange results parsing for use in ODF.
Not a regression, and rather a corner case. Is it even our bug?
commented over on see also bug 94955
(In reply to V Stuart Foote from comment #8)
> commented over on see also bug 94955
oops, intended to make that entry on the see also--not here
Still buggy in v188.8.131.52.
Adding keyword 'bibisectRequest'.
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #11)
Bibisecting using the "releases" repo suggests that libreoffice-3.3.0 is the first version the bug (i.e., the text position bug, not the image bug) appears.
The text position shows correct in the "oldest" version (i.e., the OpenOffice.org version).
Revise the version field accordingly.
Further bibisecting needs the old old bibisect repo which I failed to download. Wondering if it is really needed?
(In reply to Kevin Suo from comment #12)
> (In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #11)
> Bibisecting using the "releases" repo suggests that libreoffice-3.3.0 is the
> first version the bug (i.e., the text position bug, not the image bug)
> The text position shows correct in the "oldest" version (i.e., the
> OpenOffice.org version).
> Revise the version field accordingly.
> Further bibisecting needs the old old bibisect repo which I failed to
> download. Wondering if it is really needed?
I'm afraid that's not true. I've just bisected it with bisect-41max and it pointed me to 8fe8bd6c3b5b1a539b7370f8c457fa69c061d2de which is the same as in bug 80635
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 80635 ***
Created attachment 146509 [details]
The file demonstrating the bug saved as .docx with Word 2016
This is another case of both the .doc and .docx files suffering from the exact same import error. Likely a dupe of bug 80869.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 80869 ***
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 80717 ***
fixed by 7.6 commit 61be351ac83acec75788d2f79a9038486163160f
Author: Miklos Vajna on Thu Apr 20 08:13:12 2023 +0200
sw floattable: import floating tables from DOC as split flys by default