Created attachment 120121 [details]
The PPT and PPTX files that show the problem.
These two issues are only with PPTX. PPT works fine, but I've attached both files.
1. Import the attached PPT into Impress. Text retains shadow, everything looks good.
2. Save to ODP. Close.
3. Load into Impress again...everything is fine.
4. Import the attached PPTX (which was saved in Office 2007 from the same PPT) into Impress.
5. Notice that all text fields have lost their shadow.
6. Save to ODP. Close.
7. Load ODP again...now the background gradient on every slide is gone.
So initially only text shadows are missing from the PPTX import. But after saving and reloading as ODP, the background gradient is missing as well.
I think it's a duplicate of bug 36229
The text shadow problem could be a duplicate.
But 36229 does not mention the loss of the background gradient upon re-loading.
Well, you reported 2 bugs basically. Normally it's one bug, one report.
The first one is a duplicate.
(In reply to Frank Zimmerman from comment #2)
> The text shadow problem could be a duplicate.
> But 36229 does not mention the loss of the background gradient upon
Is it duplicate of the bug 31488?
Yes, it looks like it. I've just tested both cases now, and they produce the same results.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 31488 ***