After 2016, the master version started to show this behavior when saving. The window becomes irresponsible, and the progress bar does not move.
Hello, and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.
Sadly, the information you gave is a little vague. Would you mind listing the exact steps you take to reproduce this issue?
1. Open LibreOffice Writer
Additionally, does this occur on all documents or only specific ones? E.g. different formats and file sizes. If there is a document that triggers this behaviour reliably, it would also be helpful if you could upload it as an attachment. Please do not forget to sanitize < see: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Sanitizing_Files_Before_Submission > any documents before uploading.
Setting status to NEEDINFO. Please change back to UNCONFIRMED once additional information has been provided.
Create any large Writer document and check. Progress bar was working before, it is broken now.
Created attachment 121996 [details]
15k page writer document
I have done some testing and can confirm the described behaviour.
Using Windows 7 Professional; Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
A. The following version still works fine:
Build ID: 1ba9640ddd424f1f535c75bf2b86703770b8cf6f
B. When using the following build:
Build ID: 2b9802c1994aa0b7dc6079e128979269cf95bc78
Locale: de-DE (de_DE)
Loading the attached file produces a progress bar at the bottom of the main window that steadily grows until the document is ready to display. Works as intended. When saving the document, the main window becomes unresponsive until the saving is done.
C. Using a later build still:
Version: 22.214.171.124 (x64)
Build ID: ecd3574d51754b043f865cf5bafee286d24db7cc
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Windows 6.19; UI Render: GL;
Locale: de-DE (de_DE)
Now the main window also freezes while loading the document, additionally to the behaviour from B. Neither saving nor loading display any progress because of this.
Therefore, assume that one part of the issue (freezing while saving/loading) was introduced after 126.96.36.199, but at the latest with 188.8.131.52. The freeze on load was introduced somewhere after 184.108.40.206.
I've attached the file I used for testing and will mark this issue as NEW. I'll also add the regression keyword since it's a newly emerged behaviour.
@Urmas - in the future please just attach a document....you've been around long enough to know that QA usually is not going to "create any 'large' writer document." Thanks
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
(In reply to FutureProject from comment #3)
> Created attachment 121996 [details]
> 15k page writer document
I tested this with 4.3.0 beta1, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 and 5.3.0 alpha1 and all show the same behaviour: Saving document... then finally the progress bar shows up and advances quite quickly from beginning to end.
Testing with 6.1 on Win 10, I get Repagination... with a progress bar advancing only like 5% and then stopping. Finally after a longer time than the older versions, a progress bar for the actual saving whizzes by quite quickly.
6.1 on Linux shows the Repagination... progress bar consistently, advancing from beginning to end. Actually, it repaginates twice, with a separate progress bar in the middle.
So I cannot bibisect this as the behaviour is the same in the old versions and has now changed.