After entering numbers direct in cells like:
and in the next cell
the sum is 0 !!!
The edit line shows for all cells the same characters as in the cell.
Opening the file with LibreOffice Version: 126.96.36.199 the content of the cells are identical but in the edit line all numbers have an inverted comma as first character:
That's the explanation for the sum.
In LibreOffice 188.8.131.52 the language for the cells is set to:
Standard - Deutsch (Deutschland)
After changing the language to:
in the edit line the inverted comma in front of the number is shown!
If I first change the language of cells to:
entered numbers are numbers now.
That's a workaround !!!
Please attach a sample document. Marking as NEEDINFO. Once you attach a sample set to UNCONFIRMED. Thanks
Created attachment 123206 [details]
LibreOffice Calc file standard setup
I just entered numbers in cell A1 to A3 and in cell A4 =SUMME(A1:A3)
Created attachment 123208 [details]
LibreOffice Calc file no standard setup for column A
Select column A, [Strg]+, Then I changed for column A the language from "Standard - Deutsch (Deutschland)" to "Deutsch (Deutschland)"
Next I entered numbers in cell A1 to A3 and in cell A4 =SUMME(A1:A3)
The result is ok.
(In reply to Theo.Jakobus from comment #4)
> Created attachment 123208 [details]
> LibreOffice Calc file no standard setup for column A
> Select column A, [Strg]+, Then I changed for column A the language from
> "Standard - Deutsch (Deutschland)" to "Deutsch (Deutschland)"
> Next I entered numbers in cell A1 to A3 and in cell A4 =SUMME(A1:A3)
> The result is ok.
So can this be closed?
Was the file originally a CSV?
Both spreadsheets in attachment 123206 [details] and in attachment 123208 [details] are created in CALC. Both spreadsheets were originally not a CSV.
The comment to attachment 123208 [details] gives a workaround.
The bug still exists.
Comment from a developer on IRC:
"These are string cells and not numbers.
Most likely the comma separator for the original input is . so 3,3 is a string and not a number."
I don't see any language choice "Standard - German (Germany)". I only see Standard in the Format column of the Format cells dialog.
Closing as NOTABUG.
Created attachment 123567 [details]
File created with CALC version 184.108.40.206
Using "CALC 220.127.116.11" I created a new spreadsheet
- select column A
- change the format for column A to number
(the window shows language: Standard - Deutsch (Deutschland)
- entering numbers into cells A1 to A3
(decimal point in German is comma)
- entering =SUMME(A1:A3) in cell A4
the shown result is 0
Using "CALC 18.104.22.168" I created a new spreadsheet and did the steps in the exact same manner as for "CALC 22.214.171.124" the sum is 9,22 which is ok.
Created attachment 123570 [details]
Screenshot of correct behavior
No problem here.
Build ID: 126.96.36.199 Arch Linux build-2
CPU Threads: 8; OS Version: Linux 4.4; UI Render: default;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8)
can you please try to reproduce this problem from scratch using LO 5.1.1 or master?
Setting to NEEDINFO until more detail is provided.
After providing the requested info, please reset this bug to UNCONFIRMED (should it be persisting) or WORKSFORME (should it be solved with a newer LO version).
As admin I uninstalled LibreOffice 188.8.131.52
As admin I installed LibreOffice 184.108.40.206 locally.
Normally I'm using Windows 7 as standard user without admin rights.
As standard user I created file "CALC 220.127.116.11 user.ods"
Column A formatted for numbers, language set to Standard - Deutsch (Deutschland)
I entered some numbers and in cell A7 the command =SUMME(A1:A6)
The sum is 0!
Column B formatted for numbers, language set to Deutsch (Deutschland)
I entered some numbers and in cell B7 the command =SUMME(B1:B6)
The sum is ok.
I logged in as admin and I did the steps again as admin
I created file "CALC 18.104.22.168 admin.ods"
I entered the same commands.
Now for column A the sum is ok too.
The bug shows up for standard user only.
Created attachment 123634 [details]
Created as standard user on Windows 7
Created attachment 123635 [details]
Created as administrator on Windows 7
Please don't update the version field...."earliest affected"...
I can not reproduce with LO 22.214.171.124 (x64); win7 logged as guest.
Theo, field Assigned To - The person in charge of resolving the bug. Are you developer?
I'm not a developer.
On my notebook Windows 7 x64 is used.
I uninstalled LibreOffice_126.96.36.199_Win_x86.msi
I installed LibreOffice_188.8.131.52_Win_x64.msi
standard user: no admin rights
As standard user starting CALC with user interface: German
The error as described in comment 12 is still present.
As standard user starting CALC with user interface: English
Set format of a column to: English (USA)
Set format of a column to: Default - German (Germany)
The error occurs.
I deleted the directory C:\Users\Theo\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4
Starting CALC creates a new directory.
Now CALC works as expected.
Since there is no specific commit fixing this issue, setting to WORKSFORME. FIXED is used only when a commit exists.
Feel free to reopen this issue if you still can reproduce this particular problem or if I did miss something peculiar.