It would be handy to have a timer showing the time spent on the current slide in the Presenter Console. This would be useful for PechaKucha-style presentations, for example. thanks!
Sounds ok. NEW.
Here, it should be clear if "time spent on the current slide" is needed in addition or instead of total time.
Because if needed in addition, it would require UX solution.
If instead of total time is sufficient, it could be elegantly solved with a single click on that field, so that it flips.
We have a timer in normal mode (Rehearsal Timings) and the persenter console also shows the seconds. What exactly do you suggest? Count down, reset to zero per slide...
My suggestion is:
1.time spent on the current slide flips with total time in Presenter console,to be done in this bug
2. Rehearse Timings is completely changed to Presenter console, even with single monitor, bug 62179 (with Alt Tab both console and presentation are available at the same time).
Timur, that sounds OK.
( In a PechaKucha presentation, each slide is shown only for 20 seconds, so in order to rehearse, you must know how much time has been spent in the current slide. Total time is less useful there, since it's fixed at 20 x 20 seconds.)
(1) I'd vote for a per-slide timer.
(2) I would not vote for a per-slide reminder feature.
- per-slide time is covered by (1)
- UI for setting up a per-slide reminder
might make the UI difficult to understand
Proposal for solution in bug 102839. Another idea was to develop an extension that shows a customizable progressbar on the presentation.
I vote for introducing the feature.