Created attachment 40214 [details]
plain textfile with the appropriate data from the LibO crash.
the other day I tried to insert a png-file in a writer document. After choosing the correct file and clicking on "OK", LibO crashed repeatedly.
The file was just a letter (1 page), the png file was my signature, that I wanted to insert.
For the record, I was able to use OOo (version 3.2) to insert the file into the letter.
The Gnome bugreporting tool created a file with the (hopefully) relevant system data from the crash - I will attach it to this report as well.
Btw, I'm using Mandriva Linux 2010.0 with all current updates and LibreOffice Beta2.
Thanks for looking into this.
NOT reproducible with LibreOffice 3.3.0 - WIN XP DE [OOO330m9 (Build:1 - build 22.214.171.124)]. Might be linux specific?
Is that 100% reproducible with a new clean WRITER document, any .png inserted in any way? Or is a particular proceeding required to reproduce your problem?
yes, I can reproduce it.
I created a new file and added some text
"abcd...." and so on.
This time I chose a different .png file and LibO crashed immediately after clicking on the OK button.
Do you need any more data? If yes, what should I do to help you?
Uh, I forgot something.
Just now I tested also with gif and jpg and the same happens. So at least it's not limited to png files.
Can not reproduce with beta 3 on MacOSX SnowLeopard. There was a similar issue with Caption insertion after inserting an image in beta 2, but that has also been resolved.
@Sigrid : please try with the latest beta 3 to see if problem still present. If yes, then it could be platform / OS specific.
Setting NEEDINFO keyword.
Created attachment 41606 [details]
Example from the mailing list
Single page with one big image... Lib0 in Windows XP SP3 will crash. If you make some blank lines before the image, all works fine
More info: my Lib0 is Release Candidate 2
Still can not reproduce on MacOSX, LibO 3.3 beta 2. If I create an empty Writer document, and then insert a PNG file into it through the Insert > Image... menu, everything works fine. I guess this is Linux specific ?
@druido77 : why have you attached a DOC file ? The bug issue relates to inserting PNG, JPG, GIF into a Writer document.
@druido77 : well I opened your DOC file in OpenOffice.org and copy-pasted the image file from there into a clean LibO 3.3 beta2 Writer document. Everything worked fine, no crash - I can manipulate the image and move it around, resize, etc.
Someone on Linux will have to test.
my experience with the file attached by druido77 (Example from the mailinglist):
In LibreOffice 3.3RC2 I see:
Contact Person: TJ Kochhar
With OpenOffice.org 3.2.1 I see:
All of the above
plus the pictures (MonsterTruck)
Text about the hiring event
Company Logo (name)
LibO does not crash, but the file isn't displayed correctly either.
I'm running Mandriva Linux 2010.1.
BTW: the picture in "Example from the mailing list"
- is a WMF, not png
- looks truncated when .doc with "LibreOffice 3.4.3 - WIN7 Home Premium
(64bit) German UI [OOO340m1 (Build:302)]", but looks fine with
LibO 3.3.3 Portable
I tried to reproduce this bug without success.
I'm on a pc Linux Debian X86-32 on master branch (3.5).
I tried too with 3.4.3 Debian package without success too.
Sigrid Carrera: do you confirm you still have this pb with 3.4.x ?
[This is an automated message.]
This bug was filed before the changes to Bugzilla on 2011-10-16. Thus it
started right out as NEW without ever being explicitly confirmed. The bug is
changed to state NEEDINFO for this reason. To move this bug from NEEDINFO back
to NEW please check if the bug still persists with the 3.5.0 beta1 or beta2 prereleases.
Details on how to test the 3.5.0 beta1 can be found at:
more detail on this bulk operation: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/RFC-Operation-Spamzilla-tp3607474p3607474.html
needinfo keyword redundant by needinfo status.
No success trying to reproduce, no answer, so WFM
Please feel free to reopen this bug if you find out that the problem still exists with LibreOffice version 3.5 and if you can contribute requested additional information due to <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport>
This is a Writer issue (at least at the surface of the issue), therefore changed the 'Component' field accordingly.
Set Version field according to Summary, cf. comment #1 ("beta 2" must be 3.3b2).