When opening a particular spreadsheet in 3.3 RC2 it crashes the program on Mac OS X. Zip of this spreadsheet attached.
Attachment addition failed - guessing too big?? 1.8 MB. Have uploaded it to https://docs.google.com/a/jandi.co.uk/leaf?id=0B9njVFCEf6HGNTIzNmU5NTAtMDM5YS00MmVjLWI5ZDMtMDIzNTEwZGU1NzMx&sort=name&layout=list&num=50
No access to sample document!
Please contribute user-ID and password for Jandi or send document to me by email!
Please do not file Bug reports with such vague information as NEW!
You can use any Google account to login and get the document. Emailed the document to you also.
Not sure what you mean about the vague part of NEW. The status is that but nothing else.
Ian: Can you please attach the crashreport too (backtrace), and the exact steps you do to see the crash? I cannot reproduce on Linux, might be MacOS X specific :-(
Verified no crash on Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit. Crashes on Windows 7 64 bit with just saying an error occurred.
Here is the back trace on OS X 10.6
soffice(4993,0xa03cb540) malloc: *** mmap(size=1768321024) failed (error code=12)
*** error: can't allocate region
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
I have a Google account, but can not access the file. It takes me to Jandi.co.uk and asks for a username and password.
If you want us to test this on Mac, please provide the file on here or somewhere easily accessible.
(In reply to comment #6)
> I have a Google account, but can not access the file. It takes me to
> Jandi.co.uk and asks for a username and password.
> If you want us to test this on Mac, please provide the file on here or
> somewhere easily accessible.
I see you are using a gmail account. Just put in that and your password to get access to it (It is a google service if you look at the URL). If that doesn't work, or you don't like that, please let me know and I'll try and find somewhere else to put it.
I did just that, but when I enter my account details it says it is looking for an account at jandi.co.uk and not google.com, so the login fails.
Scratch that, go figure, now it is working.
Will test and get back.
Confirming crash on Mac OSX 10.6.5, LibO 3.3 beta 2. Will enclose crash report.
Created attachment 41672 [details]
Apple produced crash report when opening fairly large XL file
Enclosed Apple produced crash report.
The file opens fine in OOo330m17(build 9551).
It opens fine in OOo320m18.
It causes NeoOffice 3.1.2 Patch 2 to crash.
This is a regression with regard to the existing OOo version behaviour.
Changing importance to high / major.
Let's ping Noel on this. The stack trace in Comment 11 ends in his area of expertise.
BTW, can one of you guys put the same document where it requires no login account? It would make it easier for us.
Have now put this up for download at http://wand.net.nz/~iam4/crash.xls
I doubt people who look for bugs to fix pay much attention to the importance fields.
Well we could just do away with them completely then ;-)
hmm it does sortof seem to be in my ballpark, I wonder why it doesn't seem to fail on linux :-/ I'm taking a look...
(In reply to comment #20)
> hmm it does sortof seem to be in my ballpark, I wonder why it doesn't seem to
> fail on linux :-/ I'm taking a look...
As indicated by the trace I did discover a problem with the reading of the VBA 'dir' stream ( where the spec doesn't seem to agree with the stream contents ) I have fixed this on the 3.3 branch, However even with this problem I never saw a crash opening this document ( on linux ). Saying that I am certain that the problem could easily crash a program with out of memory error. I am marking this as fixed, if one can build then the fix is currently on the 3.3 branch to test
Have just verified now that it no longer crashes on 3.3 RC3. Thanks for fixing the problem. Most impressed with LibreOffice community as opposed to how OpenOffice used to be.