The Mindows installation of BrOffice stille carries the name LibreOffice for the icons in the desktop an the menus.
It should be BrOffice.
See image attached.
Created attachment 41417 [details]
screenshot of the situation
Icons and menus of MS Windows still carries the name LibreOffice and should change to BrOffice.
Created attachment 41420 [details]
Another place where intregration fails
The screenshot shows the Windows control Panel where LibreOffice name still appears. Should be changed to BrOffice
Created attachment 41546 [details]
Suggestion to merge BROffice to LibreOffice
I think is better try change slowly the brand "BROffice" to "LibreOffice", so, at this time maybe is a good idea add the warning on splash screen like this:
A suitable from LibreOffice
Check image attached.
This is necessary to users know that BROffice is just a LibreOffice.
Releases after release, BROffice must decrease the logo size and the name LibreOffice must increase, until the logo BROffice will be removed.
Olivier - if this is a blocker for you, you need to add a comment to the 3.3 tracker bug here:
Almost all of these strings that mention the wrong name, and in the Brazilian translations; as such - of course, I can go manually changing them, but this should mostly be just a matter of finding / fixing Brazilian strings. I can have a look into that later. I am not certain that we can fix the MSI / un-install stuff for 3.3 - but lets see.
Renato: the decision was made, before TDF was formed to keep the BrOffice brand for Brazil, for the forseable future - it has great name recognition there, and gives us a nice clean switch from OO.o to LibreOffice; so we won't do that I think :-)
I believe the menu/desktop icons come from Shortcut.idt.pt-BT, prodding that.
Shortcut.idt.pt-BR is generated by solenv/bin/installer/modules/windows/shortcut.pm (2nd half of create_shortcut_table). It gets the strings from the Name property of FolderItems in the scp2 - which is un-translated; digging there.
Created attachment 41752 [details]
patch to fix window start menu / shortcuts
Attached patch to handle the shortcuts; I could use some sanity checking, it works for me - at least when generating the .idt files - giving the right translation for pt-BR, and the original ones for en-US and de (eg.).
Whether it works of course, is a different question :-) lets see.
Created attachment 41753 [details]
patch to fix windows BrOffice branding
this (I hope) might clobber the application name as well, running a test build; I really need a Brazilian windows box to test/install to - my local windows XP machine doesn't take kindly to being told it is in Brazil (sadly).
I sent a URL to a test package to Olivier and Claudio
Thank you for the link to download and test. I removed previous RC2 and installed this one...
WRT firts attachment, a small glitch is left. See new attachment, and the red underline.
WRT the second attachement: fixed.
Created attachment 41771 [details]
imagem with glitch indicated
Pushed the fix to libreoffice-3-3; the top-level menu item is indeed irritating, but is not in Shortcut.idt
It seems this last glitch comes from Director.idt which contains two problematic keys: 'OfficeMenuFolder' and 'INSTALLLOCATION' which need per-language-izing.
Unfortunately, the perl that builds them doesn't have a per-lang appreciation; so that needs adding - then (if we are lucky) msidb et. al. will unwind everything for us - though I'm not -that- optimistic.
Created attachment 41924 [details]
Test patch attached; Thorsten reports that this renders the start menu as "LibreOfficedefoo 3.3" in his start menu, and it renders as "LibreOfficeen-USfoo 3.3" in mine.
Hopefully something similar holds the key to cleaner BrOffice specific MSI branding for 3.3.1+
I'll re-work it now to do something sane product-name wise instead :-)
So - I pushed a fix to master:
review much appreciated. FWIW, I left the install-directory as LibreOffice 3 - that should be much less visible to end-users, and I don't believe it is a great idea to fiddle with this at this stage :-)
Review / sign-offs much appreciated.
Test package for windows here: http://220.127.116.11/~libreoffice/
This is only to test the start-menu issue for pt-BR; though it may fix (or break) other pieces.
Downloaded and tested (Win XP under VirtuaBox).
Thank you indeed.
Patch in comment #16 looks fine to me.
I set my locale in the Regional settings to Portuguese (Brazil), and tried running the installer in comment #17, but didn't see any BrOffice branding, but is that visible only when the Windows localisation is Portuguese (Brazil) ?
Tor - yes; unfortunately I can't seem to persuade my windows (XP) that it is -really- brazilian portugese by fiddling the settings that they tell you to - I have to use LANG=pt_BR + wine - which does not help with the start menu.
/me special cased de instead and asked Thorsten to test on a German box. Anyhow - I'm glad it also worked for you in English (it did for me).
Anyhow - glad to get this one finally fixed. One more review from Fridrich, and I'll merge it. Thanks !
My son, you have my blessing for this patch
great; third approval, and I've committed it to libreoffice-3-3-0 and libreoffice-3-3.
Thanks guys !.
I may have missed something, but the fix here was not included in LO 3.3. RC3.
At best we need a RC4.
See also the thread http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2011-January/005831.html , where http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2011-January/005850.html includes a patch that should fix a problem that prevented the MSI phase of the multi-lingual installer from showing correct localisation.
> I may have missed something, but the fix here was not included in LO 3.3. RC3.
Sure it missed the deadline RC3; but the bug is fixed, it will be in the next build.