- Windows 7 Home Premium (all updates installed)
- ZoomText 9.1 (64-bit) Magnifier (update 22.214.171.124 (64))
- Oracle JRE 1.6.0_23 with Java Access Bridge 2.0.1
- LibO is configured as described here: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Accessibility#Windows
1. Start ZoomText and make sure it's active.
2. Start LibO Writer or Calc (other apps not reproduced yet).
3. Click around in the UI (e.g. open a file, browse options).
4. Within 5 min. LibO exits immediately without notification.
5. ZoomText is not responding and its UI is gone.
- The point where LibO exits in (4) seems to be random. I'm unable te reproduce any run.
- When ZoomText is terminated from the Task Manager after (5), the screen freezes. From that point the system can only be shut down with the power button.
- Similar problems were encountered in OOo 3.1.x and 3.2.x.
Tor: Any idea how to debug this, please?
Well, obviously the first step would be to reproduce it;) What is ZoomText and from where can one download it? (Does it work better than the built-in corresponding tool in Windnows?) Does it cost anything?
@Tor: ZoomText is the leading commercial full screen magnifier which is used by many low vision users around the globe. It is like an advanced version of the Windows 7 magnifier.
Unfortunately the Windows 7 magnifier doesn't track the LibO UI at all, probably because it interfaces with the Java Access Bridge to provide a11y. ZoomText is the only magnifier I know that does support the JAB, so I have to use it. Without UI tracking a magnifier is useless.
You can download a fully functional 60 days trial from http://www.aisquared.com/zoomtext/more/download_zoomtext_trial
ZoomText tracks the LibO UI now without crashing.
I copied the following three Java Access Bridge DLL files from the installation package (accessbridge-2_0_1-manual_install.zip) to my JRE/bin (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\):
- This step is not documented in the JAB manual installation instructions.
- The manual JAB installation method is mandatory for JRE 6, because the setup wizard only works with earlier JRE versions.
Remove infoprovider from closed and resolved bugs.
RESOLVED, FIXED or CLOSED bugs cant be KEYWORD NEEDINFO.