Under Debian and LibO 3.3.orc2 i would like to use english for the interface and italian for locale.
LibO has the right interface to permit this, in fact under Options -> Language settings -> Languages, there are the "Language of" options. Attached how they are set for me ("languages-options.png").
But despite those setting, in various places, lenght units appear in inches and not in millimeters. The most noticeable place is under the page options (see "page-options.png").
If i recall correctly, with OOo3.2.1 lenght units were expressed in cm/mm, as expected.
And rc1 were the same as rc2.
I have played with the locale variables, but looks like they are ininfluent. This is the output of the current locale with the user who as logged in:
And these are the locales available on my system:
$ locale -a
Created attachment 41762 [details]
Created attachment 41763 [details]
NOT Reproducible with "LibreOffice 3.3.0 RC2 - WIN7 Home Primium (64bit) English UI [OOO330m18 (build 220.127.116.11)]". Switching locale setting from EN to IT, always unit for page size switch from inch to mm.
Linux specific? Or only ivsible if default unit has been selected (I switched from "cm" to "mm" for German locale setting)?
Did you also check other locale settings or only Italy?
(In reply to comment #3)
> Linux specific?
Look at the "Platform" field: "Linux (All)".
(In reply to comment #4)
> > Linux specific?
> Look at the "Platform" field: "Linux (All)".
Sorry Rainer if i looked rude to you. I believed you simply missed the platform field.
However, for the sake of completeness, on the Windows 2000 machine i've tested so far, i haven't seen such behaviour: locale and units were always coherent each other.
In version 3.3.1-1 currently in Debian the problem is resolved: now i correctly see units of measurements as set in my locale.
It is solved since some Debian package update, but i haven't really had time to update the bug status before.
we should used FIXED only if a known fix has solved the problem; if the problem only disappeared without known reason, please use WORKSFORME.
> we should used FIXED only if a known fix has solved the problem; if the problem
> only disappeared without known reason, please use WORKSFORME.
Sorry, didn't know. I will read the page you linked.
Thank you for the correction.