I tested with RC3 (still not present in bugzilla). The change control is really broken in this release. If this is a main feature, this should be marked as blocker. Some of these problems are new, some are old (oo3.2) but they turn the change control unfunctional.
1) Turn on Edit/Changes/Recond
2) Type a text (this creates a change in accept/reject window).
3) Select some text and apply any style from the combobox "apply style".
(There is no change for this operation but it should!)
5) Select some text and change some formatting (bold, italics, alignment, really anyone)
(There is no change for this operation but it should!)
7) create a table with multiple lines (good, this creates a change)
8) delete any line using the toolbox (my change is gone!)
9) undo the delete operation (my change is not back!)
10) undo the "add table" and redo it (my change is now finally back!)
11) Insert a frame, picture, formula etc (no change is added but it should!)
12) select some text, right click, edit paragraph style. Change anything (no change is added but it should!)
13) Create a page header, type something
14) Accept all changes
15) Remove the header: insert/headers/default (no change for the removing operation but it should!)
BTW, using INSERT/headers to remove a header is not very userfriendly
16) insert a index (no change is added but it should!)
I'll stop by here because many of this can be duplicated bugs. I'll wait for a fix. After it, I will bring another round.
[This is an automated message.]
This bug was filed before the changes to Bugzilla on 2011-10-16. Thus it
started right out as NEW without ever being explicitly confirmed. The bug is
changed to state NEEDINFO for this reason. To move this bug from NEEDINFO back
to NEW please check if the bug still persists with the 3.5.0 beta1 or beta2 prereleases.
Details on how to test the 3.5.0 beta1 can be found at:
more detail on this bulk operation: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/RFC-Operation-Spamzilla-tp3607474p3607474.html
Yes, all these problem still remains in 3.5.0 beta2.
All problems still exist on 4.0.x, updating item:
8) delete **the last line** line using the toolbox
This bug was incorrectly put into NEW status - the issue was never confirmed independently by the QA team. Placing into UNCONFIRMED.
Thanks for your understanding and continued patience. LibreOffice is powere dby a team of volunteers who donate thousands of hours for free to help our users enjoy a better product.
please retest with latest LibO 22.214.171.124 release and give update of the big status
* open new writer file
* type "test"
* turn on Edit / Track Changes / Record Changes
* mark the text and make it e.g. "Title" from apply style selection box
Currently: the text becomes a title as expected but no change is recorded
Expected: a change should have been recorded
Word 2011, OSX 10.10.1 behaves as expected so this is a bug and it is NEW.
Tested again on 126.96.36.199 and the bug is still present.
Does not generate changes (but it should):
- Appling a Style on text
- Changing paragraph properties (format/paragraph, format/bullets)
- Changing page formatting
- Inserting/removing frame, picture, formula etc
- Inserting/removing page header/footer
- Inserting/removing indexes
Remove the change wrongly:
- Deleting a single row in a table removes the change related to the table addition (and undoing the deletion does not returns the change)
Tested again with libreoffice 5.0.3, the following items do not get tracked as changes, which is quite shocking for me:
1) Applying a different paragraph style
2) Deleting a row in a table
3) Inserting a row in a table
2/3 make it impossible to work with libreoffice on documents using table formatting. I would upgrade this to a major bug. In particular, as the libreoffice documentation wrongly states that all usual text alterations are recorded.
"Not all changes are recorded. For example, the changing of a tab stop from align left to align right is not recorded. However, all usual changes made by a proofreader are recorded, such as additions, deletions, text alterations, and usual formatting."
I care about getting this fixed, so I'm offering USD 250.00 via FreedomSponsors to the first person who fix it.
Offer link: https://freedomsponsors.org/issue/740/multiple-operations-does-not-generate-a-change-in-change-control
You can also join me and throw in a few bucks there and we'll get it fixed faster :)
If you fix this issue (see my acceptance criteria there) please use that site to request your payment.
thanks Moritz for your generosity.
I posted a message about your offer on the developers mailing list.
Just for your information, I added my 20$ to the bounty for this issue on freedomsponsors.
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
I checked the bug against:
Build ID: 6.1.0-2
CPU threads: 12; OS: Linux 4.18; UI render: default; VCL: gtk2;
Locale: de-DE (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
I can replicated all things from the original post but one.
Directlz formatting a text (bolt, italic,...) creates a change in this version.