Bug 33588 - bug in LOOKUP Function
Summary: bug in LOOKUP Function
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 33426
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
(earliest affected)
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Linux (All)
: medium major
Assignee: Kohei Yoshida
Depends on:
Reported: 2011-01-27 05:41 UTC by Scott Benninghoff
Modified: 2011-01-27 08:08 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:

Spreadsheet showing error in Lookup Function (Save into /tmp (26.71 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet)
2011-01-27 05:41 UTC, Scott Benninghoff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Scott Benninghoff 2011-01-27 05:41:13 UTC
Created attachment 42588 [details]
Spreadsheet showing error in Lookup Function (Save into /tmp

I think I've discovered a bug in LibreOffice Calc.

I've been using OpenOffice for past 5 years and it's a great product.

I have a spreadsheet in Calc for doing expense reporting.  This spreadsheet does a LOOKUP against an external file / spreadsheet.  While I was using OpenOffice this function worked flawlessly.  This month I decided to upgrade to LibreOffice and have now discovered that the LOOKUP function against an external spreadsheet fails with error:

Error in Parameter List

My formula is: 

This Fails:
=LOOKUP(MONTH(B6),'file:///tmp/exampleerrorlookup.ods'#$'expense Report'.I39:T39,'file:///tmp/exampleerrorlookup.ods'#$'expense Report'.I51:T51)

This Works:
=LOOKUP(MONTH(B6), I39:T39,I51:T51)

Same Data, same Formula.

B6 is a valid Date field.

Lookup Table Data is:
The Lookup is Month(B6) 
Where the Search Row is (1, 2, 3, 4...)
and the results are: (77, 74.06, 74.22, 73.25...)

I tested by making a lookup in the same spreadsheet and LOOKUP works fine.

Please advise.  

I attached a copy of my expense report Template showing the error.  I put in the lookup data into the spreadsheet to show that when the function is called locally (same file) the function works, but when it's called externally (external file) it fails.  Hope this helps.

To get the spreadsheet working, save the file in /tmp on your local system.

Best Regards, 
Scott Benninghoff
Comment 1 Noel Power 2011-01-27 07:04:30 UTC
for kohei I guess
Comment 2 GerardF 2011-01-27 08:08:13 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 33426 ***