Created attachment 44360 [details]
When setting up an advanced filter (Data -> Filter -> Advanced filter...) the dialogue box does not permit the specification of a previously-defined named range for the criteria.
To reproduce, using the attached spreadsheet:
1) Note that the ranges filter_data, filter_criteria, and filter_results are defined.
2) Select the filter_data range.
3) Data -> Filter -> Advanced filter...
4) Note that the dropdown box offers only "-undefined-"
5) click on <More>, select "Copy results to"
6) Note, by contrast, that the "Copy results to" dropdown box _does_ offer the defined ranges.
User should be able to select the range "filter_criteria" in step 4 above.
The named range containing criteria _must_ be specified as "Area type = filter" using the hidden option in Insert -> Names -> Define... <More>
Only when this is done can the named range be seen step 4, above.
I'm closing this as "NOTABUG" although, having spent the better part of a day on it, I think the user interface and documentation could be improved.