Bug 36467 - If Heading starts with digit+period, hyperlink to it will not work
Summary: If Heading starts with digit+period, hyperlink to it will not work
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
Inherited From OOo
Hardware: All Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: Hyperlink
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-04-21 10:28 UTC by Andrew Panin
Modified: 2021-04-11 03:35 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
hyperlinks_bug (190.72 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2011-04-21 10:28 UTC, Andrew Panin
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Andrew Panin 2011-04-21 10:28:36 UTC
Created attachment 45927 [details]
hyperlinks_bug

----------------------------
LibreOffice 3.3.0 
OOO330m19 (Build:6)
tag libreoffice-3.3.0.4
Windows XP Professional SP2
----------------------------

I had a document consisting of 22 pages and 10 chapters overall. It was written in Russian. Some chapters were entitled as "Contents", or "Appendix A". The rest were numbered throughout the document: "1. Introduction", "1.1. Software installation".

I tried to make references from text to these headings using "Insert" -> "Hyperlink" menu. In case I referred to "Contents" or "Appendix A", the links were okay - when I clicked them, I jumped to the appropriate chapter.

But when I made links to chapters like "1. Introduction" or to a "7.5. Extra functionality", they didn't work. It looked like they had the target of self ("#") instead of the actual header. When you clicked them, the page scrolled a bit so that this line was on top, but you didn't get to the desired page.

I'm attaching a sample of that document. Steps to reproduce:
1. Open it.
2. Select a random word on the last page and create a link to the very first heading (that doesn't start with digit+period). Such link works okay.
3. Select another word on the same page and create a link to heading "1. xxx". This link WILL NOT work.
Comment 1 Muthu 2011-05-04 23:28:40 UTC
Reproducible.

one for cedric?
Comment 2 Paul Sorensen 2013-02-07 15:23:24 UTC
Confirmed still a problem in versions 3.6.2.2 (Ubuntu 12.10) and downloaded 4.0.3 verions (also on Ubuntu 12.10)

Simple, but annoying workaround is
1. prefix the heading with a alpha character like "a1.1 Introduction"
2. set the hyperlink references to this heading.
3. Restore the heading by removing the prefix "1.1 Introduction"

But don't ever change the hyperlinks without putting that same prefix character back.

Appears to be a problem in the way the hyperlink is prefixed internally with numbers for chapter and section. There isn't a delimiter between that and the heading text. Thus the hyperlink is broken because it doesn't exist.
Comment 3 QA Administrators 2015-04-01 14:42:42 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 4 Buovjaga 2015-04-24 17:18:52 UTC
Yeah, created to 1. Введение, but it jumps to 5. Представление данных в программе

Win 7 Pro 64-bit Version: 5.0.0.0.alpha1+ (x64)
Build ID: f3375fa07f27bd2ade519af3c07d69040d10eaa9
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2015-04-22_23:38:50
Locale: fi_FI
Comment 5 damo 2018-04-10 20:02:30 UTC
Somewhat related... can not set an internal hyperlink to another worksheet that has a name like (without quotes):

"1" 
"T1"

eg, ctrl-k, insert > document..

However, I found if I changed sheet name, eg from "T1" to "@1", then internal link to worksheet works ok.
Comment 6 QA Administrators 2019-04-11 02:57:54 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 7 QA Administrators 2021-04-11 03:35:46 UTC
Dear Andrew Panin,

To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.

There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.

If you have time, please do the following:

Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/

If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
 
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.

Please DO NOT

Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not 
appropriate in this case)


If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword


Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa

Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!

Warm Regards,
QA Team

MassPing-UntouchedBug