Download it now!
Bug 40494 - TABLE tab event, new row at end of table doesn't respect protected tables/cells
Summary: TABLE tab event, new row at end of table doesn't respect protected tables/cells
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
3.3.1 release
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard: target:5.2.0
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2011-08-30 08:10 UTC by Niklas Johansson
Modified: 2016-10-25 19:01 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
protected tables where tab inserts new row (11.74 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2011-08-30 08:10 UTC, Niklas Johansson
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Niklas Johansson 2011-08-30 08:10:38 UTC
Created attachment 50698 [details]
protected tables where tab inserts new row

When tabbing through a table within a protected section you get a new row when you reach the end. The same thing happens if the last cell is protected as well.

In my opinion the expected behavior would be that the cursor steps out of the table if protected or possibly stops at the end of the table.

I attached a file to demonstrate the problem.

To reproduce from scratch

Scenario 1
create a section (Insert > Section...) 
  use default name etc
  Insert
put a table inside the section
protect the section (Format > Sections)
  check Protected under Write protection
  OK
put the cursor in the table and press tab until you reach the end of the table press once more and a new row gets inserted.


Scenario 2
insert a table 
protect the last cell by right-clicking in the cell choose Cell > Protect
you can't write anything in the cell but a new row gets inserted if i press tab.
Comment 1 Björn Michaelsen 2011-12-23 12:32:00 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 2 Florian Reisinger 2012-08-14 13:57:21 UTC
Dear bug submitter!

Due to the fact, that there are a lot of NEEDINFO bugs with no answer within the last six months, we close all of these bugs.

To keep this message short, more infos are available @ https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/NeedinfoClosure#Statement

Thanks for understanding and hopefully updating your bug, so that everything is prepared for developers to fix your problem.

Yours!

Florian
Comment 3 Florian Reisinger 2012-08-14 13:58:43 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 4 Florian Reisinger 2012-08-14 14:03:16 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 5 Florian Reisinger 2012-08-14 14:05:30 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 6 Niklas Johansson 2012-08-14 14:52:22 UTC
Sorry I the message about NEED INFO got lost in my mail box. This issue is at least present in LibreOffice 3.5.5.3 (Win 64-bit Swedish).

From a build of master on Ubuntu (pulled and made yesterday) the issue is still present.
Comment 7 Florian Reisinger 2012-08-15 12:42:45 UTC
Thanks for your import. Marked it as enchhancement...
Comment 8 Oliver Specht (CIB) 2016-01-13 12:51:05 UTC
This is a bug, not an enhancement. Changing content in protected sections should not be possible.
Comment 9 Commit Notification 2016-01-14 06:15:36 UTC
Oliver Specht committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=1fbd073828ef52f5206aed4643226bae9fb85f4f

tdf#40494: adding rows to table in protected sections not allowed

It will be available in 5.2.0.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 10 manuel.defranceschi 2016-06-16 07:59:55 UTC
Not present in:

Version: 5.3.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: a8bd44573b75d1399257d6f5d052611439607189
CPU Threads: 2; 
Description: openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64);
UI Render: default; 
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@70-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2016-06-13_23:46:49
Locale: it-IT (it_IT.UTF-8)

I changed the bug state to Resolve.