I found a problem with SUM, after i've changed 3.3.2 to 3.4.3.
If i add input to SUM from an external file and the first cell of the range is empty, then the result is incorrect. After i write 0 to the first cell, it gives the correct result.
If i try it within the same file, the result is correct irrespectively of the first cell.
OS: Ubuntu Linux (Maverick)
Please attach a test kit!
Created attachment 50948 [details]
Sorry, i thought, i've attached the file. Now, i do it.
Can't see any problems with reporter's test kit. Linux related?
Thank you for quick feedback.
Please use precise descriptions instead of "does not work", "is wrong", "fails". How can I know what you see and what you expect?
May I ask you to read hints on <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport>?
- Write a meaningful Summary
- Attach screenshots with comments (you can add information using LibO DRAW
and then attach your screenshot with comments as PDF) if necessary, because
you can not know what others will see with your sample
- Contribute a step by step instruction containing every key press and every
mouse click how to reproduce your problem (and if possible how to created a
sample document from the scratch)
- add information
-- what exactly is unexpected
-- and why do you believe it's unexpected (cite Help or Documentation!)
-- concerning your PC
-- concerning your LibO version, Build (64bit?) and localization (UI language)
–- Libo settings that might be related to your problems ('Tools-Options-Calc)
-- how you launch LibO and how you opened the sample document
-- everything else crossing your mind after you read a.m. URL
May be you can test <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details> for submitting bug reports?
Please file Bug reports with status UNCONFIRMED if your are not absolutely sure that you contributed all required background information, that the problem will be reproducible with information you can provide or that your enhancement request will be accepted!
May be be you can do a test with Linux when reporter's additional information is available?
Created attachment 50953 [details]
My Libre Office says about itself:
Libre Office language: English
No settings are changed. It's a brand new installation of LibO.
I've installed: LibO_3.4.3rc2_Linux_x86-64_install-deb_en-US
I've opened the documents from a filemanager, but it's the same if i open them via LibO's File-Open dialog.
What i expect:
If I SUM a range of cells it should be the same result when the range is in the same file, and when i linking the range from an external file.
[Reproducible] with "LibreOffice 3.4.3 RC2 - WIN7 Home Premium (64bit) German UI [OOO340m1 (Build:302)]"
Steps to reproduce:
0. Unzip test kit
1. Open "sum_test_main.ods" from WIN Explorer (i believe it does not matter)
2. Open "sum_test_external-data.ods" from WIN Explorer (i believe it does not
3 Compare SUM Results
Expected: Local and External SUM for ranges in "sum_test_external-data.ods"
show the same value, because sum of identical Range
Actual: External Sum in "sum_test_main.ods" shows "16 instead of "24" for
I did some further investigation and found out that "sum_test_main.ods / Without Zero" ignores "sum_test_external-data.ods:I2" if B2 is empty. Any Contents in "sum_test_external-data.ods:B2" (also a Whitespace) will heal the problem.
I did not check whether other range functions or vertical SUM ranges also are affected.
Same Problem with Server installation of Master "LibO-dev 3.5.0 – WIN7 Home Premium (64bit) English UI [(Build ID: d3d1481-3f8994a-2ba0a9f)]"
Works fine with "LibreOffice Portable 3.3.3 - WIN7 Home Premium (64bit) German UI [OOO330m19 (Build:301 Tag 22.214.171.124)]", so REGRESSION
Please feel free to reassign (or reset Assignee to default) if it’s not your area or if provided information is not sufficient. Please set Status to ASSIGNED if you accept this Bug.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 40110 ***
Since all new unconfirmed bugs start in state UNCONFIRMED now and old unconfirmed bugs were moved to NEEDINFO with a explanatory comment, all bugs promoted above those bug states to NEW and later are automatically confirmed making the CONFIRMED whiteboard status redundant. Thus it will be removed.