1. LibO 3.4.3 Build 302 includes a "button" on the top toolbar with the text "Find Text," plus related arrows. The button and the arrows search only for one term, which appears to have become embedded; they do not allow for a new term to be entered. (I assume this means that, initially, the process properly allowed that word to be entered, but I'm not certain.)
2. If a user tries instead to use the Find & Replace dialog, it only works in a simple one-page document, because, in a multi-page document when one clicks "Find All" and then tries to use the arrow key to go to the next instance, the process looks for the embedded value described above instead of the value inserted into the Find & Replace dialog.
I think it's not reproducible] with "LibreOffice 3.4.3 RC2 - WIN7 Home Premium (64bit) German UI [OOO340m1 (Build:302)]", but may be I don't understand the problem?
Please read hints on <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport> carefully?
- Attach a sample document
- Contribute a step by step instruction containing every key press and every
mouse click how to reproduce your problem (and if possible how to created a
sample document from the scratch). Please describe your problem with a
concrete example (
- add information
-- what exactly is unexpected
-- and why do you believe it's unexpected (cite Help or Documentation!)
-- concerning your PC
-- concerning your OS
-- concerning your LibO localization (UI language)
–- Libo settings that might be related to your problems
-- how you launch LibO and how you opened the sample document
-- everything else crossing your mind after you read a.m. URL
I think I have figured out what he was seeing, and it was probably left over from an old App Data profile.
Steps I used to try and reproduce:
1. Fresh install of 3.4.3 on Mac and Win Xp Sp3
2. Open writer in both
3. Click View, Toolbars, Find to show the find toolbar - I think his app data profile had this toolbar showing from the 3.3.x version where it was shown by default.
4. Open any document with a good bit of text
5. use the find window to search for a term - My window works in both Windows and Mac - I cannot confirm #1 in the list.
6. To test the #2 - I clicked the binocular button on the toolbar to use find and replace. I typed a search term in and clicked Find. It works.
**What @jbn is expecting to be able to do now is click the up and down arrows in the find toolbar to go to the next match for the term you typed in the Find and Replace Window.
I do understand his logic, I just dont think its designed that way. It is odd that when you first open the Find and Replace dialogue box, it has the search term from the Find toolbar already populated - but the Find toolbar doesn't populate from the Find and Replace Window.
So we will ignore reporter's problem 1.
I can confirm that in WRITER the contents of the "Search for" pane will be replaced by contents of Findbar as soon as I click 'Find forward' or 'Find backward'.
IMHO that is an (inconsistency) bug, in Calc that's more useful, "Search for" pane will not be replaced.
Please feel free to reassign (or reset Assignee to default) if it’s not your area or if provided information is not sufficient. Please set Status to ASSIGNED if you accept this Bug.
@Rainer Let's not yet exclude my point no. 1.
Having uninstalled and reinstalled the program (3.4.3) on WinXP Pro, SP3, and Mac OS X, it appears to be a problem only under Windows. In Writer, clicking on the "Find Text" toolbar button results in no action on my installation, regardless of new document, old document, or document format. It does not allow the user to enter or find text.
(In reply to comment #4)
We have some problems to understand your problem "1", and it's unlikely that it's the same as in "2".
Please file a new bug for your first problem with a sample document and a much better description: you won't believe how dull we are here - make it idiot proof! ;-)
for me not reproducible with LO 220.127.116.11 (Win7 Home, 64bit), but maybe it is also a misunderstanding from my side
The FIND and FIND & REPLACE functions are now in bottom toolbar and they work for me as expected.
Does this issue still persist for you with the latest release of LO?
Marked as Needinfo for any feedback whether this old bug is still reproducible. Please put it back to NEW if it is still reproducible for you.
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INVALID
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INVALID due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker
-- The LibreOffice QA Team
This INVALID Message was generated on: 2015-05-06