Created attachment 51593 [details]
.dotx template file created in MS Word 2007
template_letterhead.dotx is a letterhead template designed in MS Word 2007, and saved in the default Word 2007 .dotx file format.
Not sure if one bug, or multiple small bugs is the best way of submitting this, but Libreoffice Writer has numerous issues rendering the document:
1. The heading image is rendered badly. The image inside the .dotx file (image1.png) looks to be OK, so I don't know what is causing it to be displayed this way in Writer.
2. The heading image is moved to the top-left of the table cell. In the original document it was dragged to appear in a custom location within the cell, which is possibly what this bit of the document.xml inside the .dotx file refers to:
<wp:positionH relativeFrom="column"><wp:posOffset>1105535</wp:posOffset></wp:positionH>-<wp:positionV relativeFrom="paragraph"><wp:posOffset>451485</wp:posOffset></wp:positionV>
3. The drop-down combo-box which is meant to show before the @domain.com text isn't shown at all by Writer. In Word 2007, there is the option to choose between five different items which changes the text displayed as the first part of the email address.
4. The date has been drawn in the Times New Roman font, when it was in the Calibri font when the document was saved in Word. The theme1.xml part of the dotx file appears to be where the font detail is contained ( <a:latin typeface="Calibri"/>. )
5. is reproducible by opening the .dotx file in Writer, and then saving it as a .odt file without making any changes. Then close Writer and open the newly created .odt - the image that was in the template has now been duplicated, with a correctly rendered version showing in the top-right of the page in addition to the one still showing as described in 1. & 2. above.
PDF attachments show the display of the dotx file in Word (as it was designed) and in Writer, as well as the resulting odt created in 5.
Created attachment 51594 [details]
PDF printout of how Word 2007 displays the template on opening
Created attachment 51595 [details]
PDF printout of how Writer 3.4.3 displays the template on opening
Created attachment 51596 [details]
PDF printout of how Writer 3.4.3 displays an odt file saved from the template
[This is an automated message.]
This bug was filed before the changes to Bugzilla on 2011-10-16. Thus it
started right out as NEW without ever being explicitly confirmed. The bug is
changed to state NEEDINFO for this reason. To move this bug from NEEDINFO back
to NEW please check if the bug still persists with the 3.5.0 beta1 or beta2 prereleases.
Details on how to test the 3.5.0 beta1 can be found at:
more detail on this bulk operation: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/RFC-Operation-Spamzilla-tp3607474p3607474.html
in LibO 3.6.0 master of 1 feb 2012 on Fedora 64 bit
a) email has no drop down list
b) date has font from style, in mso font name is from surrouding text
(my be not Wirter fault because in Writer field is not editable and in Word editable)
c) odt file, saved from template, has duplicated picture (reported in another bugreport)
With LO 4.1.1 on Windows 7:
- no more mistakes with the "Writer logo" inside the doc
- no more mistakes duplicate and bad placed "Writer logo" in an odt file saved from the template
- still no mail drop-down list
- the page background is now BLUE (see attachment)
Created attachment 86804 [details]
How the doc looks in LO 4.1.1
I get the drop-down box on Win 7 64-bit 220.127.116.11 and dev build Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha0+
Build ID: 3e2bd1e4022e25b77bcc8eba5e02c1adc57008a1
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2014-10-16_01:04:13
Background is still blue, though.
Created attachment 111779 [details]
Template exported to PDF from LibO 3.5
In Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit and LibO 3.5, the only buggy thing is the missing dropdown box.
Build ID: 7e68ba2-a744ebf-1f241b7-c506db1-7d53735
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present on a currently supported version of LibreOffice (5.0.4 or later) https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the version of LibreOffice and your operating system, and any changes you see in the bug behavior
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a short comment that includes your version of LibreOffice and Operating System
Please DO NOT:
- Update the version field
- Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
- Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so: 1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3)
2. Test your bug 3. Leave a comment with your results. 4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to "inherited from OOo"; 4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add "regression" to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=libreoffice-qa
Thank you for your help!
-- The LibreOffice QA Team This NEW Message was generated on: 2016-01-17
Background is still blue.
Id. de compilación: 1:5.0.4~rc2-0ubuntu1~wily1
Configuración regional: es-ES (es_ES.UTF-8)
This bug also depens on 66397.
settings.xml has the line
<w:documentProtection w:edit="forms" w:enforcement="1"/>
that doesn't permit modify background color and this is ignored by Libreoffice.
If you see the content of the file it contains the line
in document.xml that is the background color in Libreoffice. But if I open the file with MS Word I obtain that MS Word ignores that line. I could not identify because MS Office does that.
The drop-down issue seems to be fixed. That's why i'm gonna close this one. I created a new bug report related to the blue background (bug 104150).