Download it now!
Bug 44075 - mysql-connector-ooo-1.0.1 does not work
Summary: mysql-connector-ooo-1.0.1 does not work
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Extensions (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
3.5.0 Beta0
Hardware: x86 (IA32) Windows (All)
: high blocker
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
: 44191 45111 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks: mab3.5
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-12-22 13:28 UTC by Boudi
Modified: 2012-01-27 09:29 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
screen dump (89.20 KB, image/png)
2011-12-22 13:28 UTC, Boudi
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Boudi 2011-12-22 13:28:28 UTC
Created attachment 54714 [details]
screen dump

Please see attached screen-dump.

I checked for the dll on the given location. It exists.
Comment 1 Boudi 2011-12-23 02:45:26 UTC
Also important for connecting MariaDB!
Comment 2 Alex Thurgood 2011-12-23 03:13:44 UTC
The old Oracle connector no longer works due to code changes in component handling in the 3.5.x development cycle, and library versions for the mysql connector libraries (which have been bumped), it needs to be rebuilt by someone on Windows, having a build environment and then made available on the Extensions site.

As the connector extension does not form part of the standard release build, it will not be built by the buildbots, and therefore not be available in the general downloads of LibO (it isn't anyway, and never was, not even with OOo).

So this is not really a LibO bug because the connector, which was always built separately, needs to be rebuilt for Windows users. None of the developers seem particularly interested in providing the connector, which is why I had built them for Mac and Linux 32bit (my build environments). I don't have a Win build environment, so someone else will have to do it if Windows users want a connector that works.

As for MariaDB, Monty Widenius has promised support for new client libraries that could be used in a new MariaDB connector (that may or may not be included as a default) - however, that code is not yet available (to my knowledge).

Alex
Comment 3 Boudi 2011-12-23 03:47:26 UTC
Thanks. I understand. No 3.5. bug. So it can be closed.
Comment 4 Alex Thurgood 2012-01-04 09:20:39 UTC
Re-opening, as it appears after exchanging with Michael Meeks that the connector should still work.

However, my own experience belies that theory. The connectors I have built from master for Linux 32bit (on Ubuntu Oneiric) no longer work with 3.3 and 3.4. I haven't tried with Mac OSX and a recent build of the connector to compare with the older Oracle ones, but certainly, this wouldn't be the first time that the connectors stopped working with a new release version of OOo/LO.


Alex
Comment 5 Alex Thurgood 2012-01-04 09:21:05 UTC
*** Bug 44191 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 6 Michael Meeks 2012-01-05 01:42:01 UTC
The most likely explanation so far:

As far as I can see, LibreOffice 3.5 doesn't distribute the STLport
DLL. And that seems to be the problem.

-- 
Jesús Corrius <jesus@softcatala.org>
Comment 7 Michael Meeks 2012-01-05 01:43:20 UTC
Fridrich - any thoughts ? :-)
Comment 8 Boudi 2012-01-05 06:32:16 UTC
Error message: mysqlc.uno.dll missing in file:///C:/Users/boudi/AppData/Roaming/LOdev/3/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/luny2ll.tmp_/mysql-connector-ooo-1.0.1-windows-intel.oxt

However mysqlc.uno.dll is pressent in: C:\Users\boudi\AppData\Roaming\LOdev\3\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\luny2ll.tmp_\mysql-connector-ooo-1.0.1-windows-intel.oxt

Suggestion; Is the windows-path conversion done properly?
Comment 9 Alex Thurgood 2012-01-05 06:33:23 UTC
I have now tested the old Oracle 1.0.1 connector on both Mac and Linux with
recent builds from master (builds from within the last week). The connector
installs and functions on both OSes in the tests I have conducted so far, so
perhaps this is after all a Windows only problem ?


Alex
Comment 10 Jean-Pierre Joannès 2012-01-06 00:52:19 UTC
(In reply to comment #8)
> Error message: mysqlc.uno.dll missing in
> file:///C:/Users/boudi/AppData/Roaming/LOdev/3/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/luny2ll.tmp_/mysql-connector-ooo-1.0.1-windows-intel.oxt
> 
> However mysqlc.uno.dll is pressent in:
> C:\Users\boudi\AppData\Roaming\LOdev\3\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\luny2ll.tmp_\mysql-connector-ooo-1.0.1-windows-intel.oxt
> 
> Suggestion; Is the windows-path conversion done properly?

Just a precision, the dll is not missing, but it failed to be loaded in Windows 7 environment (Windows 7 pro - 64 bits).
Comment 11 Fernand 2012-01-11 08:04:04 UTC
not only for Windows 7

same problems for 32 bit (XP etc...)
Comment 12 Lionel Elie Mamane 2012-01-12 05:58:17 UTC
My guess is that we broke ABI in some way in the Windows port...
Comment 13 Fridrich Strba 2012-01-19 03:25:59 UTC
This mixup was due to a bug that prevented us from packaging stlport_vc7145.dll. This bug is fixed in libreoffice-3-5 branch and will  be in 3.5.0-rc2.
Closing it as fixed. Please verify when 3.5.0-rc2 is out.
Comment 14 Alex Thurgood 2012-01-23 00:46:36 UTC
*** Bug 45111 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 15 Boudi 2012-01-23 01:12:08 UTC
Thanks Fridrich,
I will test it on 3.5.0-rc2.
Comment 16 Fernand 2012-01-25 06:20:43 UTC
works fine under rc 2 Windows XP
Comment 17 ribotb 2012-01-27 08:39:28 UTC
Hello,

It works with LO350rc2 under Windows 7 SP1.

Bernard
Comment 18 Jean-Pierre Joannès 2012-01-27 09:29:03 UTC
It works fine under Windows 7 64 bits SP1.

Thanks