Problem description: When I attempted to view a .odt in Firefox 9.0.1, on Windows 7 Home Premium, x64, the plugin seemed to be loaded (would display black screen), but the document itself would not render.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install LibreOffice browser plugin, and restart browser. Make sure that the plugin is indeed installed, with the Add-Ons Manager.
2. Open a LibreOffice file in your browser (I tested with http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/e/e9/0103GS3-StylesAndTemplates.odt)
Current behavior: The document is not shown, and is a blank page.
Expected behavior: The document should be shown, and not be a blank page.
Platform (if different from the browser):
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
This is also confirmed to be the case in the latest versions of Google Chrome and Opera. In Chrome, the plugin is listed, but unusable. These browsers share Netscape compatible plugins, so it should be uniform.
Is this problem specific to 350 beta, as far as you know?
(In reply to comment #2)
> hi zach,
> Is this problem specific to 350 beta, as far as you know?
I haven't tested with the stable, shall do that soon.
Alright, I tested with the stable LO (3.4.4), and it's not working either. Changing version to unspecified.
Same problem on Ubuntu 11.10 64 bits, LibreOffice 3.5 and Firefox 10.
I can confirm this on libreoffice-220.127.116.11 using both Firefox 11.0 and Epiphany 3.2.1 (based on libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0.11.2).
The following bug on Wikimedia websites is related (if you have plugin enabled, it looks like ODT book creation fails):
I can confirm the plugin does not work for Firefox 9.0.1 in Mageia Linux with LibreOffice 18.104.22.168 plugin activated.
Confirm plugin not working with ubuntu 11.10 + LO 3.5.2 and FF 10
I confirm the plugin doesn't work for Firefox 11.0 in WinXP32 with
LibreOffice 22.214.171.124 plugin activated.
I confirm the plugin doesn't work for Epiphani 2.30.1 in Debian 6.0.3 squeeze (32bit) Catalan UI with LibreOffice 126.96.36.199 plugin activated.
Confirmed on Firefox 13 / LO 188.8.131.52 AMD64 ArchLinux
Confirmed in Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0. Plugin shows black page.
I can confirm this is working with LibreOffice 4.1, using Firefox Nightly 28,
though the issue is still there on the chrome browser.
Result on Chrome Dev 33:
an error bar appears with following text: "Could not load LibreOffice Plug-in."
Flat documents (like .fodt) are being interpreted as xml-files, because this plugin seams to fail.
(In reply to comment #13)
> Result on Chrome Dev 33:
> an error bar appears with following text: "Could not load LibreOffice
Seems Google decided to abandon NPAPI plugins in their browser - see http://blog.chromium.org/2013/09/saying-goodbye-to-our-old-friend-npapi.html.
To follow on from comment 14, this report is likely to be RESOLVED as INVALID. Refer bug 45071 and:
Since 4.4 we don't have this browser plugin anymore.