Created attachment 56890 [details]
The attached document has a completily different format when is opened in Word 2003 and LibreOffice Writer 3.4.X. (3.5.0 also show differences, but not so big).
By the way, the original RTF document made LibO crash on exit. After removing some confidential information before uploading it (some text, a watermark), LibO stopped crashing. I would try to find a non-confidential document that makes LibO crash and I'll open another bug report.
In confirm this with LibO 3.4.5 on Windows XP / Windows Vista 64.
It works fine with LibO 3.5 Beta2. The only difference here is the different font substitution. The original text is formated with "NewsGotT" that is not installed on my PCs. It is substituted with a serifless typeface on Word 2003 (probably Arial) and a serif typeface on LibO 3.5 Beta2.
If "NewsGotT" is "News Gothic", a serifless typeface should probably be used as a substitution. I don't know if the font substitution is made by Windows or by LibreOffice.
I set the bug status to "new" (because I confirm it for LibO 3.4.5), but it is fixed for LibO 3.5 (apart from the font substitution), so probably if should be set to "fixed".
Something I forgot to say: In LibO 3.3.4, the document is nearly perfect (better than in 3.5.0).
I have a lot of documents like this: quite good in LibO 3.3.4, a disaster in LibO 3.4.X, and better in 3.5.0 (compared with 3.4.X, but still worst than in 3.3.4).
I'll try to upload other examples.
Tested with LibO 3.3.4: file is nearly perfect compared with Word 2007.
File is a mess when opened with LibO 3.4.5.
It is much better, but not perfect with LibO 3.5 (I just noticed that two lines starting with XXXX... are missing in the upper right corner, apart from the probably wrong font substitution).
So this is a regression compared to LibO 3.3.4 that is not yet fully fixed in LibO 3.5 Beta2.
Happy to hear 3.5 is better than 3.4. :-)
I'll try to have a look at the remaining issues soon.
Oh, it's very good news. Thank you very much.
The only real difference I saw is that the height of frames was wrong in 3.5.0, that's already fixed in master and -3-5:
So it will be fixed in 3.5.1.
Fix confirmed in LO 3.5.1. So closing. Thank you.
This is a Writer issue, therefore changed 'Component' accordingly.